Re: [S-R] House numbers

  • jdkocis
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 4, 2012
      John,
      Is there any more can you tell me of "the KOCSIS home site" mentioned in your post and the KOCSIS family who had lived there? I have traced my KOCSIS ancestors to Zsadany and Szina back to about 1858.
      Thanks in advance for any information you might provide.
      Jerry

      > Right on! In Dubravka, on the site of the ADAM house is a modern two storey home. Down the block is an original house, now empty - with the thatch roof peeking through the metal roof that was installed over top.
      >
      > In mother's village of Senne, the KOCSIS home site is an empty grassy patch with sidewalk headed toward the municipal office and (now closed) school. The relatives know exactly who lived there.
      >
      > The house numbers have changed since the 1800s. They seem to flow evenly according to my Christmas card list but I never looked for anomalies.

    • John
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 4, 2012
        >>> Is there any more can you tell me of "the KOCSIS home site" mentioned in your post and the KOCSIS family who had lived there? I have traced my KOCSIS ancestors to Zsadany and Szina back to about 1858. <<<

        In Senne, the Kocis families are still there but not on the grassy site of my mother's former home. I can't tell you anything about Kocsis families who lived in other places.