Re: [S-R] Coats of Arms and Flags in Slovakia

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
      Heraldry of the World
      The largest heraldry site on the net, with presently coats of arms on-line !         http://www.ngw.nl/int/slo/n.htm
      Hurrra!  I am finally back.  Thank you Martin, if you did this.  I am Glad to b e able to help our members and get answers

      ________________________________
      From: frank.r.plichta@... <frank.r.plichta@...>
      Subject: [S-R] Coats of Arms and Flags in Slovakia
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2012, 1:08 PM

      In September 2002 I purchased from a private party, a book titled
      Heraldicky' Register Slovenskej Republiky, volume I published in 2000.  The
      text in the book suggests that as many as six additional volumes would be
      published in the future.  Recently I searched online and found the
      following:

      Sekcia Verejnej Spra'vy, Ministerstva vnu'tra SR maintains a web site at the
      following address:

      http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en
      <http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3
      D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D
      1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com
      &sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&usg=ALkJrhih3to1H8Hu
      kFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw>
      &prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522
      %26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=t
      ranslate.google.com&sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&u
      sg=ALkJrhih3to1H8HukFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw

      An excerpt from that page is as follows:

      Heraldic Registry keeps records of individual subjects symbolism - erboch
      and flags of cities, municipalities, individuals, church dignitaries or
      institutions - traditional and automated in the form of text and graphic
      information. V súèasnosti je v Heraldickom registri Slovenskej republiky
      zapísaných vy¹e 2 600 erbov a vlajok rôznych subjektov. At present the
      Heraldic Register of the Slovak Republic registered more than 2,600 coats of
      arms and flags of various entities. Ministerstvo vnútra SR vydáva vybrané
      informácie o registrovaní erbov a vlajok, ako aj ich vyobrazenia v kni¾nej
      forme. Ministry of Interior issued the selected information on registered
      coats of arms and flags, as well as their representation in book form.
      Projekt poèíta s desiatimi zväzkami Heraldického registra. The project
      counts with ten volumes of heraldic register.

      So it appears that there are now ten volumes of these books.

      Can anyone tell me where I might find additional volumes for purchase?

      Frank

      "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"

      Frank R. Plichta

      103 Prospect Avenue