Re: Coats of Arms and Flags in Slovakia

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
      Frank,
      The notice says that ten volumes will be published. Actually only volume one and two have been issued so far. You can order vol. 2 online from the Slovakia Document store. As far as I know it is not available from Amazon or other American sources.

      http://www.panorama.sk/go/clanky/566.asp?lang=sk&sv=1

      Curt B.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

      > In September 2002 I purchased from a private party, a book titled
      > Heraldicky' Register Slovenskej Republiky, volume I published in 2000. The
      > text in the book suggests that as many as six additional volumes would be
      > published in the future. Recently I searched online and found the
      > following:
      >
      > Sekcia Verejnej Spra'vy, Ministerstva vnu'tra SR maintains a web site at the
      > following address:
      >
      > http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en
      > <http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3
      > D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D
      > 1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com
      > &sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&usg=ALkJrhih3to1H8Hu
      > kFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw>
      > &prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522
      > %26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=t
      > ranslate.google.com&sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&u
      > sg=ALkJrhih3to1H8HukFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw
      >
      > An excerpt from that page is as follows:
      >
      > Heraldic Registry keeps records of individual subjects symbolism - erboch
      > and flags of cities, municipalities, individuals, church dignitaries or
      > institutions - traditional and automated in the form of text and graphic
      > information. V súèasnosti je v Heraldickom registri Slovenskej republiky
      > zapísaných vy¹e 2 600 erbov a vlajok rôznych subjektov. At present the
      > Heraldic Register of the Slovak Republic registered more than 2,600 coats of
      > arms and flags of various entities. Ministerstvo vnútra SR vydáva vybrané
      > informácie o registrovaní erbov a vlajok, ako aj ich vyobrazenia v kni¾nej
      > forme. Ministry of Interior issued the selected information on registered
      > coats of arms and flags, as well as their representation in book form.
      > Projekt poèíta s desiatimi zväzkami Heraldického registra. The project
      > counts with ten volumes of heraldic register.
      >
      > So it appears that there are now ten volumes of these books.
      >

      > Can anyone tell me where I might find additional volumes for purchase?
      >

      > Frank
      >
      > "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"
      >

      > Frank R. Plichta
      >
      > 103 Prospect Avenue
      >
      > Galax, VA 24333-3315
      >
      > Phone: 276-238-9161
      >
      > Cell: 276-233-9971

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
        Hi Frank - have you asked Milan Sismis at Matica Slovenska who publishes a perioidical on Slovak heraldry and genealogy. I would think he would know or be able to help you.  Good luck!

        helene

[...]

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
          Heraldry of the World
          The largest heraldry site on the net, with presently coats of arms on-line !         http://www.ngw.nl/int/slo/n.htm
          Hurrra!  I am finally back.  Thank you Martin, if you did this.  I am Glad to b e able to help our members and get answers