Coats of Arms and Flags in Slovakia

  • frank.r.plichta@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
      In September 2002 I purchased from a private party, a book titled
      Heraldicky' Register Slovenskej Republiky, volume I published in 2000. The
      text in the book suggests that as many as six additional volumes would be
      published in the future. Recently I searched online and found the
      following:

      Sekcia Verejnej Spra'vy, Ministerstva vnu'tra SR maintains a web site at the
      following address:

      http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en
      <http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3
      D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D
      1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com
      &sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&usg=ALkJrhih3to1H8Hu
      kFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw>
      &prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522
      %26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=t
      ranslate.google.com&sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&u
      sg=ALkJrhih3to1H8HukFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw

      An excerpt from that page is as follows:

      Heraldic Registry keeps records of individual subjects symbolism - erboch
      and flags of cities, municipalities, individuals, church dignitaries or
      institutions - traditional and automated in the form of text and graphic
      information. V s��asnosti je v Heraldickom registri Slovenskej republiky
      zap�san�ch vy�e 2 600 erbov a vlajok r�znych subjektov. At present the
      Heraldic Register of the Slovak Republic registered more than 2,600 coats of
      arms and flags of various entities. Ministerstvo vn�tra SR vyd�va vybran�
      inform�cie o registrovan� erbov a vlajok, ako aj ich vyobrazenia v kni�nej
      forme. Ministry of Interior issued the selected information on registered
      coats of arms and flags, as well as their representation in book form.
      Projekt po��ta s desiatimi zv�zkami Heraldick�ho registra. The project
      counts with ten volumes of heraldic register.

      So it appears that there are now ten volumes of these books.

      Can anyone tell me where I might find additional volumes for purchase?

      Frank

      "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"

      Frank R. Plichta

      103 Prospect Avenue

      Galax, VA 24333-3315

      Phone: 276-238-9161

      Cell: 276-233-9971

    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
        Frank,
        The notice says that ten volumes will be published. Actually only volume one and two have been issued so far. You can order vol. 2 online from the Slovakia Document store. As far as I know it is not available from Amazon or other American sources.

        http://www.panorama.sk/go/clanky/566.asp?lang=sk&sv=1

        Curt B.

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, <frank.r.plichta@...> wrote:

        > In September 2002 I purchased from a private party, a book titled
        > Heraldicky' Register Slovenskej Republiky, volume I published in 2000. The
        > text in the book suggests that as many as six additional volumes would be
        > published in the future. Recently I searched online and found the
        > following:
        >
        > Sekcia Verejnej Spra'vy, Ministerstva vnu'tra SR maintains a web site at the
        > following address:
        >
        > http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en
        > <http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3
        > D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D
        > 1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com
        > &sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&usg=ALkJrhih3to1H8Hu
        > kFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw>
        > &prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522heraldicky%2Bregister%2Bslovenskej%2Brepubliky%2522
        > %26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1I7GGLL_en%26biw%3D1152%26bih%3D585%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=t
        > ranslate.google.com&sl=sk&u=http://www.civil.gov.sk/archiv/p19/p19-04.shtm&u
        > sg=ALkJrhih3to1H8HukFaiNEvifFf9JLaftw
        >
        > An excerpt from that page is as follows:
        >
        > Heraldic Registry keeps records of individual subjects symbolism - erboch
        > and flags of cities, municipalities, individuals, church dignitaries or
        > institutions - traditional and automated in the form of text and graphic
        > information. V súèasnosti je v Heraldickom registri Slovenskej republiky
        > zapísaných vy¹e 2 600 erbov a vlajok rôznych subjektov. At present the
        > Heraldic Register of the Slovak Republic registered more than 2,600 coats of
        > arms and flags of various entities. Ministerstvo vnútra SR vydáva vybrané
        > informácie o registrovaní erbov a vlajok, ako aj ich vyobrazenia v kni¾nej
        > forme. Ministry of Interior issued the selected information on registered
        > coats of arms and flags, as well as their representation in book form.
        > Projekt poèíta s desiatimi zväzkami Heraldického registra. The project
        > counts with ten volumes of heraldic register.
        >
        > So it appears that there are now ten volumes of these books.
        >

        > Can anyone tell me where I might find additional volumes for purchase?
        >

        > Frank
        >
        > "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"
        >

        > Frank R. Plichta
        >
        > 103 Prospect Avenue
        >
        > Galax, VA 24333-3315
        >
        > Phone: 276-238-9161
        >
        > Cell: 276-233-9971

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
          Hi Frank - have you asked Milan Sismis at Matica Slovenska who publishes a perioidical on Slovak heraldry and genealogy. I would think he would know or be able to help you.  Good luck!

          helene

[...]

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2012
            Heraldry of the World
            The largest heraldry site on the net, with presently coats of arms on-line !         http://www.ngw.nl/int/slo/n.htm
            Hurrra!  I am finally back.  Thank you Martin, if you did this.  I am Glad to b e able to help our members and get answers