RE: [S-R] BANDZEJ surname

  • Julie Mark
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 3, 2012
      Hi Karen – just excited to see another family buried at Christ the Saviour. My great grandparents are buried there. Did your family all live in Johnstown? What part? And mine were in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia (KAPUSANY, FULIANKA, ORLOV)

      Julie

      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 16, 2012
        Hello Julie,

        My husband's family left Slovakia in the late 1800s/early 1900s for Johnstown.  This Bandzej family, along with Lukac(s) and Chupko.  It is also my understanding that the Demo family in Johnstown may also have been related.  The Chupko and Demo families are from Sumiac, a small village in Slovakia.   They were also in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia.  From my records it lists their family as attending  St. Mary's Byzantine's Church, Johnstown, PA.    They lived on Genessee Street and A. Street in Johnstown.

        Hope this helps.

        Karen

        >Hi Karen – just excited to see another family buried at Christ the Saviour. My great grandparents are buried there. Did your family all live in Johnstown? What part? And mine were in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia (KAPUSANY, FULIANKA, ORLOV)
        >
        >Julie

      • helene cincebeaux
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 16, 2012
          Dear Karen - I took a family with Demo roots to Sumiac a few years ago - would you like contact info for them? If so e mail me directly at helenezx@...

          helene

          My husband's family left Slovakia in the late 1800s/early 1900s for Johnstown.  This Bandzej family, along with Lukac(s) and Chupko.  It is also my understanding that the Demo family in Johnstown may also have been related.  The Chupko and Demo families are from Sumiac, a small village in Slovakia.   They were also in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia.  From my records it lists their family as attending  St. Mary's Byzantine's Church, Johnstown, PA.    They lived on Genessee Street and A. Street in Johnstown.

          Hope this helps.

          Karen

          >Hi Karen – just excited to see another family buried at Christ the Saviour. My great grandparents are buried there. Did your family all live in Johnstown? What part? And mine were in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia (KAPUSANY, FULIANKA, ORLOV)
          >
          >Julie

        • Julie Mark
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 17, 2012
            Thanks for the info Karen. My family also attended St. Mary’s until Christ the Saviour was built. My grandparents were married at St. Mary’s and are buried in Grandview. I can’t find Genessee or A street on the map, but my relatives were mainly in Brownstown.