Re: [S-R] Paszika, Bereg Megye

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 3, 2012
      A few websites useful for Ukraine genealogy
      http://www.ukraine.com/forums/genealogy/
      http://www.genealogylinks.net/europe/ukraine/
      http://www.archives.gov.ua/Eng/
      http://genforum.genealogy.com/ukraine/

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 28, 2013
        I noticed Christine mentioned the Hanisko name from Dvorce. I know of a researcher by the name of Dushan Hanisko whose family comes from that village. Is this person still actively researching?

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" <martin@...> wrote:

        > Also Kubin is now Dolny Kubin, in Slovakia. It's in what used to be called Arva county , and I think is currently in the Zilina district, in the northernmost part of Slovakia near the Polish border.
        >
        > There's a pretty good Wikipedia article on it: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn%5d http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn.
        >
        > Sue

      • christine mackara
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 28, 2013
          Yes, we, that is, our cousin and I , are still researching the Hanisko's from the Levoca /Dvorce area. . Cousin Robert is still trying to get in touch with Dushan, but he has not answered Robert's e-mail.

          I would be very interested. Could you contact me at : Christine1931@...

          Thank you, Christine

          I noticed Christine mentioned the Hanisko name from Dvorce. I know of a researcher by the name of Dushan Hanisko whose family comes from that village. Is this person still actively researching?

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" <martin@...> wrote:

          > Also Kubin is now Dolny Kubin, in Slovakia. It's in what used to be called Arva county , and I think is currently in the Zilina district, in the northernmost part of Slovakia near the Polish border.
          >
          > There's a pretty good Wikipedia article on it: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn%5d http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn.
          >
          > Sue

        • andrew w
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 28, 2013
            Is it at yahoo (the email address)? Is your cousin's family from Dvorce? I have been in touch with a number of ppl from the old village (including Dushan) and they hold annual get togethers at the site of the old village. Many of the families, including mine lived in that one little village for hundreds of years and it was all just wiped off in the span of a few months. Among the people forced off were some of my grandmother's aunts and uncles. Anyway I'll drop you an email once I know what domain to send it to.