Re: Trencin/Trencsen county

  • John
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 2, 2012
      By highjacking this thread titled Trencin county, you have mis-directed your query away from Bereg Megye = county. This is not good in terms of mixed responses for two separate threads.

      >>> On my grandparents marriage certificate it shows him being from the village of Kishidveg/Pasika in Bereg County. <<<
    • Sue Martin
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 2, 2012
        Also Kubin is now Dolny Kubin, in Slovakia. It's in what used to be called Arva county , and I think is currently in the Zilina district, in the northernmost part of Slovakia near the Polish border.

        There's a pretty good Wikipedia article on it: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn%5d http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn.

        Sue

        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 2, 2012
          >>> it shows him being from the village of Kishidveg/Pasika in Bereg County. He was Greek Catholic.<<<

          1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
          The old Hungarian map can be found at: http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/bereg.jpg

          SAVE the map on YOUR computer. OPEN the map in any graphics program. CUT and PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get a corner.

          Paszika, (Ukraine) is located in the pink area near top right. It is west of Szolyva.
        • Bonnie Burke
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 3, 2012
            Thank you for the information. Am fairly new at all this, hope to learn a
            lot this year!

            Bonnie

            >>> it shows him being from the village of Kishidveg/Pasika in Bereg County.
            He was Greek Catholic.<<<

            1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
            The old Hungarian map can be found at:
            http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/bereg.jpg

            SAVE the map on YOUR computer. OPEN the map in any graphics program. CUT and
            PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get a corner.

            Paszika, (Ukraine) is located in the pink area near top right. It is west of
            Szolyva.

          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 3, 2012
              A few websites useful for Ukraine genealogy
              http://www.ukraine.com/forums/genealogy/
              http://www.genealogylinks.net/europe/ukraine/
              http://www.archives.gov.ua/Eng/
              http://genforum.genealogy.com/ukraine/

              Thank you for the information. Am fairly new at all this, hope to learn a
              lot this year!

              Bonnie

              >>> it shows him being from the village of Kishidveg/Pasika in Bereg County.
              He was Greek Catholic.<<<

              1910 HUNGARIAN MAP
              The old Hungarian map can be found at:
              http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/bereg.jpg

              SAVE the map on YOUR computer. OPEN the map in any graphics program. CUT and
              PRINT the relevant section of the map. Otherwise, you just get a corner.

              Paszika, (Ukraine) is located in the pink area near top right. It is west of
              Szolyva.

            • andrew w
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 28 11:15 AM
                I noticed Christine mentioned the Hanisko name from Dvorce. I know of a researcher by the name of Dushan Hanisko whose family comes from that village. Is this person still actively researching?

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" <martin@...> wrote:

                > Also Kubin is now Dolny Kubin, in Slovakia. It's in what used to be called Arva county , and I think is currently in the Zilina district, in the northernmost part of Slovakia near the Polish border.
                >
                > There's a pretty good Wikipedia article on it: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn%5d http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn.
                >
                > Sue

              • christine mackara
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 28 11:27 AM
                  Yes, we, that is, our cousin and I , are still researching the Hanisko's from the Levoca /Dvorce area. . Cousin Robert is still trying to get in touch with Dushan, but he has not answered Robert's e-mail.

                  I would be very interested. Could you contact me at : Christine1931@...

                  Thank you, Christine

                  I noticed Christine mentioned the Hanisko name from Dvorce. I know of a researcher by the name of Dushan Hanisko whose family comes from that village. Is this person still actively researching?

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" <martin@...> wrote:

                  > Also Kubin is now Dolny Kubin, in Slovakia. It's in what used to be called Arva county , and I think is currently in the Zilina district, in the northernmost part of Slovakia near the Polish border.
                  >
                  > There's a pretty good Wikipedia article on it: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn%5d http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doln%C3%BD_Kub%C3%ADn.
                  >
                  > Sue

                • andrew w
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 28 11:35 AM
                    Is it at yahoo (the email address)? Is your cousin's family from Dvorce? I have been in touch with a number of ppl from the old village (including Dushan) and they hold annual get togethers at the site of the old village. Many of the families, including mine lived in that one little village for hundreds of years and it was all just wiped off in the span of a few months. Among the people forced off were some of my grandmother's aunts and uncles. Anyway I'll drop you an email once I know what domain to send it to.