Sontagsgrunt Location

  • John
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 29, 2011
      >>> Does anyone know where I can find the census records for SONNTAGSGRUND? <<<

      I remember a thread of a few years ago when someone was looking for this village name. Here's a part of message #20309.

      "The records containing that name can be found in Markusovce (Markusovce - modern Slovak name,Márkus, Márkusfalva etc. - the ancient ones. It belonged to Spis county parish books where all records concerning christening (baptismus), deaths and marriages of the church members (sometimes even of people with different
      nomination) from Markusovce, Cepanovce, Teplicka, Matejovce and Liskovany were kept. I found out that some of my ancestors have records in the book, but they lived in places like Olsse, Babina or Sontagsgrunt. Although Olsse can be easily identified as nowdays Olsa (still existing settlement and now probably part of the village
      Markusovce) and Babina is still in old maps a small settlement in the mountains above Teplicka, Sontagsgrunt posed a bit of problem. My father who was born not really far away could not recall any locality of that name. But in the book with the baptism records I found a courious mention in latin - ex Valle Zaloba alias Zontogs-Grunt (¦AL, Zbierka cirkevných matrík z územia Spi¨a 1599-1952, ¨k 130,
      inv.c. 417, s. 301, for the year 1830). The translation: from the valley of ´aloba or Sontagsgrunt. The mount ´aloba lies between Závadka and Hnilcík. Thereby the settlement Sontagsgrunt was situated in the valley underneath (probably Markusovská dolina). On the modern maps there are still houses (settled?). Sontagsgrunt was thus one of many small mining settlement scatered all around the Slovenské rudohorie mountains. Markusovce was a central parish (plebania) for the surrounding villages and small settlements and for Sontagsgrunt as well. All that would corespond with the letter you received. A short note to the gentlman beneath. I checked the book you suggested
      - Pajdu¨¨ák, M.: Markusovce. Nástin dejepisný. Ke¸marok 1923 and indeed, on the page 6 there is a mention of the Sontagsgrunt (Sonntagova dolina - valley). It does not say about a hunt, though (hon in Slovak means an ancient measurement of land as well). The translation is roughly as follows:... (a nobleman he mentioned
      above) was by the king rewarded for his brave act with two villages Matejovce and Zaloba....the name of the second one was preserved only in the name of one bit of land by the Sontag's valley."
    • John
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 29, 2011
        >>> I've had success with locating LUKAC in MERENY <<<

        According to Cisarik's web site, LUKACS appears in the local records as far back as the 1715 Hungarian Census.
      • Karen C
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 29, 2011
          My husband has the Lukac name as well.  Does it come from a particular area.  I have been unable to find any information out about his g-g-grandmother.

          Karen

          >________________________________

        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 29, 2011
            Nálepkovo GL/KI spiš.
            1773 Vogendrisel, Vogendriszel, Wagendrisel, Wogendisln [!], 1786 Wagendrüssl, 1808 Vagendriszel, Wagendrüssel, Wohdrysel, 1863 Wagendrüssel, 1873–1877 Vagendrüssel, 1882–1913 Merény, 1920 Vondrišel, 1927–1948 Vondrišel, Wagendrüssel, 1948– Nálepkovo
            These are the names Nalepkovo was know by over its history.

            Lukac Lukacz Lyukacz Lukac Lukacz Lyukacz Lukac Lukacz Lyukacz Lukac Lukacz Lyukacz Listing from Nalepkovo 2005 telephone book. As you can see there are 3 variations on the spelling. The Lukacz and Lyukacz may well be Hungarian versions of Lukac. The good news is your family appears to be still living there.

            http://www.maplandia.com/slovakia/kosice/gelnica/nalepkovo/ A link to a good interactive map of Nalepkovo and area.

            http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/szepes.jpg This a 1910 map that “Merehy” can be found in the district of Szepes (Spis). At the very bottom is a pink area with the word Golniczbanya written across it. To the left is a small area, “Merehy” is very visible in it.

            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 29, 2011
              >>> I'm researching the surnames of  SCHIRILLA, LUKAC, BANYUS,JAVORSKY. <<<

              BANUS surname appears near Zvolen (per Slovinky) while JAVORSKY/JAVORSKA appears in Spisska Nova Ves phone listings.
            • Michael Mojher
              Message 6 of 30 , Dec 29, 2011
                The following was taken from the 1995 Slovak Census. There are two spellings of the name, note the diacritical marks above the “A” and “C”. Next take note of the “okr.” which is the district the location is in. In the first spelling Humenne, Michalovce, Trebisov, Vranov Nad Topl’ou, Svidnik and Presovare all linked to one another in far eastern Slovakia. The second Lukac is like the Smith of Slovakia. Once again you have a group of far eastern districts: Presov, Humenne,Michalovce, Kosice, Trebisov, and Bardejov. So the conclusion would be that far eastern Slovakia is the “home” for the Lukac surname.
                Priezvisko LUKAČ sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 134×, celkový počet lokalít: 96, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
                HUMENNÉ, okr. HUMENNÉ – 6×;
                MOŠOVCE, okr. MARTIN (od r. 1996 TURČIANSKE TEPLICE) – 4×;
                HÔRKY, okr. ŽILINA – 3×;
                MICHALOVCE, okr. MICHALOVCE – 3×;
                MILHOSTOV (obec TREBIŠOV), okr. TREBIŠOV – 3×;
                SAČUROV, okr. VRANOV NAD TOPĽOU – 3×;
                SNINA, okr. HUMENNÉ (od r. 1996 SNINA) – 3×;
                STROPKOV, okr. SVIDNÍK (od r. 1996 STROPKOV) – 3×;
                VYŠNÁ JABLONKA, okr. HUMENNÉ – 3×;
                ĽUBOTICE, okr. PREŠOV – 2×;

                Priezvisko LUKÁČ sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 5132×, celkový počet lokalít: 845, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách:
                PREŠOV, okr. PREŠOV – 165×;
                HUMENNÉ, okr. HUMENNÉ – 79×;
                PETRŽALKA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA – 79×;
                MICHALOVCE, okr. MICHALOVCE – 76×;
                ZÁPAD (obec KOŠICE), okr. KOŠICE – 75×;
                VEĽKÉ KAPUŠANY, okr. TREBIŠOV (od r. 1996 MICHALOVCE) – 66×;
                LEVICE, okr. LEVICE – 64×;
                STARÉ MESTO (obec KOŠICE), okr. KOŠICE – 55×;
                BARDEJOV, okr. BARDEJOV – 48×;
                DARGOVSKÝCH HRDINOV (obec KOŠICE), okr. KOŠICE – 48×;

                Message 7 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                  >>> My husband has the Lukac name as well. Does it come from a particular area. I have been unable to find any information out about his g-g-grandmother.<<<

                  1) It isn't helpful to highjack a thread. Future lookups are nearly impossible.
                  2) Looking up a common surname in the phone book or the 1995 Slovak Census serves only to add confusion.
                  3) You may have some LOCATION CLUE based upon other names in your family tree. If a marriage occurred in Hungary, the parties likely lived withing TWO villages distance. Even if a marriage occurred after emigration, it may have been pre-arranged and so TWO villages once again.

                  Can you provide any location clues?
                • slovak821@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                    My grandmother's maiden name was Maria Hardikova Lukac from Stare in okres
                    Michalovce. Of course this is in Eastern Slovakia as well. I am told
                    that in this village there are numerous Hardik families and this is how they
                    differentiated them. Any thoughts on that?
                    Jacqueline Strunak Kornmeyer

                    Message 9 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                      Jacqueline,
                      What I found in my ancestral village was a need to differentiate two family members who shared the same given name. There they identified three branches of the family and gave them a name; Adama, Palody and Zid. So if there were two Michael Mojcher, I being one, they would refer to me as Michael Adama. Adama being my branch of the family.
                      We do not know the case in Stare. But it may be similar. It appears that grandmother was differentiated by Hardikova Lukac. What is interesting with this is not having the female ending on Lukac. It should be Lukacova. It would be interesting to know why they used the masculine form of Lukac. Her father would have been a Hardik. Do you know if great grandmother was a Lukac? Or how she is related to the Lukac family?

                      Message 10 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                        >>> My grandmother's maiden name was Maria Hardikova Lukac from Stare in okres Michalovce. <<<

                        Stare is north of Michalovce near Strazske. Cisarik shows that HARDIK(OVA) was a common surname in the village but there are no instances of LUKAC. However, he shows the following from the 2005 phone listings: Lukcova Lukczova Lyukczova.
                      • Karen C
                        Message 11 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                          Sorry if I broke a rule.

                          His g-grandparents married in Pennsylvania.  They both state they were born in the Austrian-Hungarian Empire.  I am fairly certain that her g-grandfather Bandzej was born in either Trebisov or Hradiste, but have no clue about his g-grandmother.  I was just wondering if is a common name in Slovakia, like Smith in the U.S.

                          Karen

                          Message 12 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                            I have not been able to find ggrandmother's maiden name. The sole
                            remaining cousin in Stare has no idea. She said that they never talked about it.
                            I do know that my dad said that people would say "ideme do Lukaca" rather
                            than "ideme do Hardika". I can only assume that this told them which
                            Hardik fmily they were visiting.
                            Thanks for your insight.
                            Jacqueline.

                            Message 13 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                              Perhaps the name Lukac has "died" with no sons to carry on the name. Or
                              could it be that there was less need to differentiate?
                              Jacqueline

                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                                >>> His g-grandparents married in Pennsylvania. . . . Bandzej was born in either Trebisov or Hradiste, but have no clue about his g-grandmother. <<<

                                What religion? Approx year of birth?
                              • John
                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                                  >>> Bandzej was born in either Trebisov or Hradiste <<<

                                  LDS has GC and Ref church records for Zemplinske Hradiste; GC and RC for Trebisov.

                                  Also, the very informative 1869 Hungarian Census is available on film via your nearest LDS Family History Center.
                                • Karen C
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                                    Thank you for the info John.  I did start going through some of those records on FMLA for his g-grandfather.

                                    Karen

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Dec 30, 2011
                                      Sorry, I don't know what religion.  I know that George Bandzej born about 1869 in Slovakia.  I think he may have been married before.  His wife Julia Lukac (b. abt. 1874 and I have Hungary/Slovak in 1910, Austrian/Slovak in 1920).  She passed away in 1925.

                                      On their 1910 Pennsylvania marriage record, Julia's parents are listed as George and Elba Lucak.

                                      I believe that his g-grandfather is buried at "Christ the Savior Cathedral Cemetery" in Johnsontown, PA.  It is part of the Christ the Saviour Orthodox Cathedral (Carpatho-Russian).

                                      Thanks again,

                                      Karen

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Dec 31, 2011
                                        >>> I believe that his g-grandfather is buried at "Christ the Savior Cathedral Cemetery" in Johnsontown, PA. It is part of the Christ the Saviour Orthodox Cathedral (Carpatho-Russian). <<<

                                        It would seem that GC is what you have for religion in the Slovak records.
                                      • John
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 31, 2011
                                          >>> I did start going through some of those records on FMLA for his g-grandfather. <<<

                                          Here's my take on the GC records for Trebisov.

                                          Because film #1982277 goes to 1913, it will not appear online (and does not). That means you will have to order the film for viewing at your nearest LDS Family History Center (and hope that it has not been pulled from circulation). Krsty 1825-1913 - FHL INTL Film #1982277.

                                          What I would suggest as a better starting point is to order the 1869 Hungarian Census (film only). The family and religion should appear. Perhaps George is shown.If that is the case, you may be lucky enough to determine previous generations at the same time. Further details will be in the church records.

                                          1869 Hungarian Census:
                                          Trebisov Film #720013 & 720014
                                          Zemplinske Hradiste / Hardiste Film #722702
                                        • CurtB
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Dec 31, 2011
                                            Karen,
                                            You did not tell us why you think your Bandzej was born in Trebisov or Hradiste. Do you have some specific information? Have you investigated U.S. church records or contemporary obituaries? Have you investigated immigration or naturalization records for him? Have you examined the immigration records for the other Bandzej immigrants? They indicate that they lived in Trebisov and Hradiste as last residences, but one says he was born in Trhoviste which is a few miles Northeast of Trebisov. Another contemporary Bandzej has placed a genealogy online and says his grandfather Bandzej was born in Malcice, a few miles Southeast of Trebisov, but does not give a source. Have you looked at any of these records or communicated with with this other family? They have posted their e-mail contact on with the genealogy.

                                            Curt B.

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Jan 2, 2012
                                              Hello Curt,

                                              I had to look back through my files.  Unfortunately, when I first started recording this info for my husbands family I didn't document my sources.  It is my New Years resolution, along with losing weight, etc. lol

                                              I have been in contact with a woman who's father was the nephew of my husband's g-grandfather, GEORGE BANDZEJ.  She attended the funeral of GEORGE and has visited family in Slovakia.

                                              What I have in my files is her father's immigration which lists his birthplace as Tchoriovce and last known address as Hradisti.  Another BANDZEJ immigration record I found for someone traveling to Johnstown, PA, where GEORGE also lived, listed their place of birth and last known address as Trehisov.  So this is my known sources.  I have received info from the group before the locations of these cities.

                                              On GEORGE BANDZEJ, I have the place of birth as "Malcice, Okres Tevisov Slovakia" dob of birth as Nov. 1869.  Unfortunately, I couldn't locate where I found this information.  I "assume" that I have a source or I wouldn't put down such specific information.

                                              It is my understanding that they are not ethnic Slovaks but a group known as Rusyns, Ruthenians or Rusnaks.  They were Carpatho-Rusyn (Orthodox Greek Catholics).

                                              I have GEORGE'S death certificate, but I should try to find the obituary.

                                              As always, thanks to the group for your questions & help, and keeping on the right track.

                                              Karen

                                              <snip>

                                              >________________________________
                                              >

                                              >Karen,
                                              >You did not tell us why you think your Bandzej was born in Trebisov or Hradiste. Do you have some specific information? Have you investigated U.S. church records or contemporary obituaries? Have you investigated immigration or naturalization records for him? Have you examined the immigration records for the other Bandzej immigrants? They indicate that they lived in Trebisov and Hradiste as last residences, but one says he was born in Trhoviste which is a few miles Northeast of Trebisov. Another contemporary Bandzej has placed a genealogy online and says his grandfather Bandzej was born in Malcice, a few miles Southeast of Trebisov, but does not give a source. Have you looked at any of these records or communicated with with this other family? They have posted their e-mail contact on with the genealogy.
                                              >
                                              >Curt B.

                                            • John
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Jan 2, 2012
                                                >>> On GEORGE BANDZEJ, I have the place of birth as "Malcice, Okres Tevisov Slovakia" dob of birth as Nov. 1869. <<<

                                                My father is from nearby Dubravka. I am quite familiar with the area.

                                                Malcice church records are RC and the nearby village of Markovce has GC records (look under Michalovce on the LDS site). The problem is that the relevant records are in Cyrillic, which I can't read. The 1869 births are on film #634 page 9/104. November is on page 10 and I couldn't spot George.
                                              • John
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Jan 2, 2012
                                                  >>> I have been in contact with a woman who's father was the nephew of my husband's g-grandfather, GEORGE BANDZEJ.  She attended the funeral of GEORGE and has visited family in Slovakia.

                                                  What I have in my files is her father's immigration which lists his birthplace as Tchoriovce and last known address as Hradisti. <<<

                                                  Perhaps a clue, if not more.

                                                  In the GC church records for Zemplinske Hradiste, located one village south of Trebisov, are some interesting entries.

                                                  Film found under Trebisov
                                                  Page 5&6/160
                                                  Born: Pal
                                                  Father: Janos Bancsej, GC, Hardicsa 83
                                                  Mother: Maria Hruba, RC(?)

                                                  Page 17/160
                                                  Born: Erzsebet Bancsej

                                                  In the 1895 birth records, Erzsebet (maybe same one) has a child.
                                                  Page 83/160
                                                  Born: Gyorgy Panda
                                                  Father: Gyorgy Panda
                                                  Mother: Erzsebet Bancsej, GC, Hardicsa 106

                                                  Page 85/160
                                                  Born: Andras +(died)
                                                  Father: Andras Bancsej, GC, Hardicsa
                                                  Mother: Anna Fedorko, GC

                                                  Page 95/160 Andras & Anna had another child
                                                  Born: Juliana

                                                  That covers the period up to 1900 in the GC church records for Zemplinske Hradiste. I hope that you can make some family connections.
                                                • John
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Jan 2, 2012
                                                    >>> her father's immigration which lists his birthplace as Tchoriovce and last known address as Hradisti. <<<

                                                    There is no village spelled anywhere close to Tchoriovce in Zemplen Megye (county). HOWEVER, simply looking at the letters, I would guess Trhoviste.

                                                    Using the BANCSEJ surname spelling found in the Zemplinske Hradiste GC church records and then going to the Cisarik web site, we can find the surname in Suche and Rakovec nad Ondavou, just west of Michalovce.

                                                    The interesting thing is that Suche and Rakovec nad Ondavou are 8 km due north of Trhoviste. Trhoviste GC church records are available for research online (filed under Michalovce).

                                                    Good luck.
                                                  • Michael Mojher
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Jan 2, 2012
                                                      Karen – FYI
                                                      The names of Malcice during its history.
                                                      Malčice MI/KI zemplín. 1967 pričl. o. Hradištská Moľva (1949 vyčl. z o. Zemplínske Hradište).
                                                      1773 Macza, Malcžicze, 1786 Macza, Malcza, 1808 Malcza, Malčice, 1863–1913 Málca, 1920– Malčice

                                                      Link to the online Roman Catholic records for Malcice:
                                                      https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757436

                                                      Surname results in 1995 Slovak Census – 4 listings in 2 locations. Zemplinske Hradiste is about 10km / 6 miles due west of Malcice.
                                                      Priezvisko BANDŽEJ sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 4×, celkový počet lokalít: 2, v lokalitách:
                                                      DÚBRAVKA (obec BRATISLAVA), okr. BRATISLAVA – 3×;
                                                      ZEMPLÍNSKE HRADIŠTE, okr. TREBIŠOV – 1×;

                                                      http://en.e-obce.sk/obec/malcice/malcice.html – Information page on Malcice. It has an e-mail address and website. On the left at the website under Menu is a Fotogaleria to click on and view.

                                                      The 2005 Slovak Telephone Book listings for Bandzej. They are all in this one village that is now a suburb of Bartislava since 1971.
                                                      Jarovce: 1773 Horváth-Jándorf, Krabatisch-Jandorf, 1786 Horwath-Jándorf, Grabatisch-Jándorf, 1808 Horvát-Jándorf, Kroatisch-Jarendorf, 1863–1947 Horvátjárfalu, 1947–1971 Jarovce

                                                      Jarovce is joined to the village (town): Bratislava
                                                      Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzej Bandzejova Bandzejova Bandzejova Bandzejova Bandzejova Bandzejova

                                                      http://en.e-obce.sk/obec/bratislavajarovce/bratislava---jarovce---mestska-cast.html – Information page on Jarovce

                                                      Link to the online Roman Catholic Records for Jarovce:
                                                      https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-22652-19273-61?cc=1554443&wc=12757923

                                                      I had to look back through my files. Unfortunately, when I first started recording this info for my husbands family I didn't document my sources. It is my New Years resolution, along with losing weight, etc. lol

                                                      I have been in contact with a woman who's father was the nephew of my husband's g-grandfather, GEORGE BANDZEJ. She attended the funeral of GEORGE and has visited family in Slovakia.

                                                      What I have in my files is her father's immigration which lists his birthplace as Tchoriovce and last known address as Hradisti. Another BANDZEJ immigration record I found for someone traveling to Johnstown, PA, where GEORGE also lived, listed their place of birth and last known address as Trehisov. So this is my known sources. I have received info from the group before the locations of these cities.

                                                      On GEORGE BANDZEJ, I have the place of birth as "Malcice, Okres Tevisov Slovakia" dob of birth as Nov. 1869. Unfortunately, I couldn't locate where I found this information. I "assume" that I have a source or I wouldn't put down such specific information.

                                                      It is my understanding that they are not ethnic Slovaks but a group known as Rusyns, Ruthenians or Rusnaks. They were Carpatho-Rusyn (Orthodox Greek Catholics).

                                                      I have GEORGE'S death certificate, but I should try to find the obituary.

                                                      As always, thanks to the group for your questions & help, and keeping on the right track.

                                                      Karen

                                                      <snip>

                                                      >________________________________
                                                      >

                                                      >Karen,
                                                      >You did not tell us why you think your Bandzej was born in Trebisov or Hradiste. Do you have some specific information? Have you investigated U.S. church records or contemporary obituaries? Have you investigated immigration or naturalization records for him? Have you examined the immigration records for the other Bandzej immigrants? They indicate that they lived in Trebisov and Hradiste as last residences, but one says he was born in Trhoviste which is a few miles Northeast of Trebisov. Another contemporary Bandzej has placed a genealogy online and says his grandfather Bandzej was born in Malcice, a few miles Southeast of Trebisov, but does not give a source. Have you looked at any of these records or communicated with with this other family? They have posted their e-mail contact on with the genealogy.
                                                      >
                                                      >Curt B.

                                                    • Julie Mark
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Jan 3, 2012
                                                        Hi Karen – just excited to see another family buried at Christ the Saviour. My great grandparents are buried there. Did your family all live in Johnstown? What part? And mine were in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia (KAPUSANY, FULIANKA, ORLOV)

                                                        Julie

                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Jan 16, 2012
                                                          Hello Julie,

                                                          My husband's family left Slovakia in the late 1800s/early 1900s for Johnstown.  This Bandzej family, along with Lukac(s) and Chupko.  It is also my understanding that the Demo family in Johnstown may also have been related.  The Chupko and Demo families are from Sumiac, a small village in Slovakia.   They were also in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia.  From my records it lists their family as attending  St. Mary's Byzantine's Church, Johnstown, PA.    They lived on Genessee Street and A. Street in Johnstown.

                                                          Hope this helps.

                                                          Karen

                                                          >Hi Karen – just excited to see another family buried at Christ the Saviour. My great grandparents are buried there. Did your family all live in Johnstown? What part? And mine were in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia (KAPUSANY, FULIANKA, ORLOV)
                                                          >
                                                          >Julie

                                                        • helene cincebeaux
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Jan 16, 2012
                                                            Dear Karen - I took a family with Demo roots to Sumiac a few years ago - would you like contact info for them? If so e mail me directly at helenezx@...

                                                            helene

                                                            My husband's family left Slovakia in the late 1800s/early 1900s for Johnstown.  This Bandzej family, along with Lukac(s) and Chupko.  It is also my understanding that the Demo family in Johnstown may also have been related.  The Chupko and Demo families are from Sumiac, a small village in Slovakia.   They were also in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia.  From my records it lists their family as attending  St. Mary's Byzantine's Church, Johnstown, PA.    They lived on Genessee Street and A. Street in Johnstown.

                                                            Hope this helps.

                                                            Karen

                                                            >Hi Karen – just excited to see another family buried at Christ the Saviour. My great grandparents are buried there. Did your family all live in Johnstown? What part? And mine were in the Greek Catholic records in Slovakia (KAPUSANY, FULIANKA, ORLOV)
                                                            >
                                                            >Julie

                                                          • Julie Mark
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Jan 17, 2012
                                                              Thanks for the info Karen. My family also attended St. Mary’s until Christ the Saviour was built. My grandparents were married at St. Mary’s and are buried in Grandview. I can’t find Genessee or A street on the map, but my relatives were mainly in Brownstown.