Re: [S-R] Please read! new instructions!

  • Mary Anne Drobnak
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
      Mary Anne Drobnak

      > Dear all,
      >
      > Since yahoo bought out egroups, we now have some changes we must deal
      > with for those of you who use the SLOVAKROOTS egroups/now yahoo page to
      > read mail, subscribe/unsubscribe, or upload files.

      > using your email address and password you've used before. You then have
      > to answer some questions to register with Yahoo if you haven't already
      > used them. (not too bad, I put in a fake birth year, so you can fake it
      > ... but some fields you do have to answer). Remember to uncheck the
      > "send me info" field if you don't want to get emails from yahoo on
      > things.
      >
      > Then it will transfer you and all your lists over to yahoogroups.
      >
      > Other than this, there is really no difference, you can still send mail
      > to the old address and it will go through (as I am doing now) or send it
      > to SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com You might want to update your bookmarks
      > and address books to address this situation.
      >
      > I'm sorry about this, but it's out of my control. All in all tho, I
      > think this is the best server for us, as many of you take advantage of
      > the file upload capabilty to have us check images etc.
      >
      > I've gone through this, and it only took a few minutes and was fairly
      > painless -- if you go directly to the old url for the list on
      > egroups.com it will bring you right to the re-register page.
      >
      > Thanks for your cooperation on this :)
      >
      > Maura

      > http://community.webtv.net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      I went to yahoo link. After my email address they asked for the
      authorization code. What do they want? Thx
      --
      Mary Anne Drobnak
      madrobnak@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
        I had the same problem, Maura! What authorization code?
        June

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
          After I sent this e-mail, yahoo sent me an e-mail with the authorization
          code. Once I had that, the rest was easy!!
          June

          I had the same problem, Maura! What authorization code?
          June

          > Since yahoo bought out egroups, we now have some changes we must deal
          > with for those of you who use the SLOVAKROOTS egroups/now yahoo page to
          > read mail, subscribe/unsubscribe, or upload files.

          > using your email address and password you've used before. You then have
          > to answer some questions to register with Yahoo if you haven't already
          > used them. (not too bad, I put in a fake birth year, so you can fake it
          > ... but some fields you do have to answer). Remember to uncheck the
          > "send me info" field if you don't want to get emails from yahoo on
          > things.
          >
          > Then it will transfer you and all your lists over to yahoogroups.
          >
          > Other than this, there is really no difference, you can still send mail
          > to the old address and it will go through (as I am doing now) or send it
          > to SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com You might want to update your bookmarks
          > and address books to address this situation.
          >
          > I'm sorry about this, but it's out of my control. All in all tho, I
          > think this is the best server for us, as many of you take advantage of
          > the file upload capabilty to have us check images etc.
          >
          > I've gone through this, and it only took a few minutes and was fairly
          > painless -- if you go directly to the old url for the list on
          > egroups.com it will bring you right to the re-register page.
          >
          > Thanks for your cooperation on this :)
          >
          > Maura

          > http://community.webtv.net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          I went to yahoo link. After my email address they asked for the
          authorization code. What do they want? Thx
          --
          Mary Anne Drobnak
          madrobnak@...
        • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
            Maura,

            Yahoo uses "cookies" - - - I don't so. I suppose I'll have to work out
            someway to avoid cookies or just leave the list. By the way, the yahoo site
            to register is a bit difficult to navigate, especially when the site will not
            let the browser go "BACK". I hope things work out well with this change.

            Dr. "Q"

          • connie ruley
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
              i try to do it and it keeps telling me iam already
              reg. or am i doing something wrong? connie

              a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            • John Kozakiewicz
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                Your not alone. I received the same response.....John K

              • sawdust4@execpc.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                  > If you are going to do gaming on the computer, make sure you have at
                  least 128 meg of ram. This will also help with photo
                  work and scanning. As for the chip, I would go at least600 mhz, 800
                  would
                  be better
                  but stay away form the celeron chip, for about the same money you
                  can have a pentium III. I know others may tell you that there is no
                  differance
                  between a celeron and a pentium, but beleive me, there can be
                  compatibility
                  problems
                  with some software. The celeron chip is one way they can hold down
                  prices
                  and compete
                  with other company simply on price. But is that what you want from
                  your
                  computer, somthing that
                  was build simply to compete in a price war? Im not saying some e-
                  machines
                  arent good, I am using
                  one to send this message, but it has a pentium chip inside. If you
                  want to
                  get into details deeper than
                  this, send me a private email.

                  Jim the Slovak