Re: [S-R] Gurka in Löcse

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2011
      Dear Pat:

      Welcome to the group! What surnames are you searching for in SPISSKY
      HRHOV? The reason why I ask is that my great, great grandparents lived in the
      nearby village of DOMANOVCE. The surnames below are in my direct lineage.

      Best regards,

      David

      Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
      DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
      SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
      DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames:
      BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY,
      HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN,
      RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also KUBIT,
      MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA, and
      KROSNO, POLAND.

      In a message dated 12/28/2011 6:00:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      pepbrenner@... writes:

      Hello, I am new to this group and do not know what has already been
      discussed but I was able to find the records for my great grandfather
      and family so I went to Levoca and spent a week there. My family was
      from Spissky Hrhov. I found the Office of Records on the Levoca square
      and was able to talk with them. They will do a search on your family
      name in the surrounding area for $50. Hope this helps.

      Pat

      --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
      , Richard Ganofsky <ganoman1@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello I'm interested if any one searching the region of Levoca/
      Löcse has come
      > across the surname Ganovsky/Ganovszky/Ganofsky or any variation of
      this name?

      > I have been searching for over 20 years with no luck, I believe that
      the family
      > was from Levoca/ Löcse?
      >
      > I know the birth of my grand father John in 1895 and his father Thomas
      in 1864.

      > I look forward to all responses.
      >
      > Thanks Rich
      >
      > Ganoman1 @ Yahoo.com

      Locse,
      > Külvaros 157
      > Joannes Thomas Gurka had daughter Anna on 25/27 May 1894, Locse,
      Külvaros 90