Re: [S-R] 100th Issue!

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 25, 2011
      Hello Rosemary:

      What are the surnames of your ancestors in Richnava and Kluknava?

      I noticed that you mentioned that your mom's name is Helen Hvizdos. One
      of my great, great, great grandmothers is an Elizabeth Hvizdos (who was
      married to my great, great, great grandfather Jan Tomasov).

      I believe that we corresponded before. I also have a friend, Rich
      Falzini, who I met at the local family history center, whose ancestors are also
      from Richnava.

      I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Please write me
      directly at _David1Law@..._ (mailto:David1Law@...) .

      Best regards,

      David

      Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
      DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
      SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
      DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames:
      BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY,
      HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS, ONDERCIN,
      RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also KUBIT,
      MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA, and
      KROSNO, POLAND.

      In a message dated 12/25/2011 9:26:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      rkslovakrose@... writes:

      Hi Helene,
      I did receive fall issue, thanks. I'll just wait patiently for my
      Chiristmas issue!

      I would like to talk to you sometime about my trip I'm hoping to take
      soon. I found relatives, all four g/parents are from Kluknava/Richnava. My one
      relative lives in Brataslava and he and his wife were here one year ago and
      we got to take them to our House of Czech/Slovak Republics here in San
      Diego at Balboa Park. The others are still in the area of original village. I
      have also been in touch w/some great folks I found on Slovak Pride.

      My mom was also Helen (Hvizdos) born 1907. She passed away in 2005. She
      would be amazed at what I have found.
      We have a small family and there is no one left to ask questions. Mom was
      really the only one who knew anyhing.

      Best regards,
      Rosemary Kosup

      From: _rkslovakrose@..._ (mailto:rkslovakrose@...)
      <_rkslovakrose@..._ (mailto:rkslovakrose@...) >
      To: _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
      Date: Sunday, December 25, 2011, 12:47 AM

      Helene,
      I never rec'd this issue. I let my subscription lapse and last issue you
      sent out late since I did not renew in time. I dont know if something
      happened because of that or not?

      D'akujem & Vesele Vianoce a Stastny Novy Rok,

      Rosemary Hvizdos Kosup