asking for help

  • connie ruley
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2001
      my name is connie ruley iam looking for my father
      family last name is kazimeror kazimir. they came over
      from austria-hungrey in 1913. i have found out that
      the townis call ruskov it used to be regeteruska. my
      grandfather name is joseph kazimir born in1888. my
      grandmother name is elizabeth kazimir[madian name
      tachac] born 18888. my father name is john joseph
      kazimir he was bornjuly 26 1907. on his ins papers it
      said he was born in regeteruska. he came over on th
      george wasington on july 7 1913 from the port of
      bremem germany.would likeany help i can get. if any
      one can help me fine my family or any info. i would
      really app. the help. this is all new to me so i hope
      that i did this right. thanks connie

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • frankur@att.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., connie ruley <connie_ruley@y...> wrote:
        > my name is connie ruley iam looking for my father
        > family last name is kazimeror kazimir. they came over
        > from austria-hungrey in 1913. i have found out that
        > the townis call ruskov it used to be regeteruska. my
        > grandfather name is joseph kazimir born in1888. my
        > grandmother name is elizabeth kazimir[madian name
        > tachac] born 18888. my father name is john joseph
        > kazimir he was bornjuly 26 1907. on his ins papers it
        > said he was born in regeteruska. he came over on th
        > george wasington on july 7 1913 from the port of
        > bremem germany.would likeany help i can get. if any
        > one can help me fine my family or any info. i would
        > really app. the help. this is all new to me so i hope
        > that i did this right. thanks connie

        Don't know your surnames.

        Regeteruszka (H) Ruskov (Sv) is located 200 miles ENE of Bratislava,
        east of Kos^ice (Kassa) and south of D^urkov (Györke) in eastern
        Slovakia.

        In Hungarian the letter sz is pron. like English s as in 'sell'.

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists 66 surname Kaz^imír in the
        Kos^ice area, including 13 surnames listed under Ruskov.

        What was surname religion ?

        The LDS-Mormons has filmed all the parish church records at six
        of the seven regional Slovak State Archives in Slovakia.

        Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

        LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed the parish church records for Ruskov,
        Slovakia, formerly Regete-Ruszka, Abaúj-Torna Megye (county),
        Hungary.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian. .

        R.C. records (1789-1901)
        G.C. records (1823-1895)
        Calvinist (1801-1952)
        Jewish (1870-1895)

        There are probably 120-200 surname Kazimir bearers just in the U.S.
      • connie ruley
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
          frank just wanted to say thank you very much for the
          info. connie

        • Eulis Landrith
          Message 4 of 4 , May 20, 2010
            Thank you all for your suggestions on what tools to use to persue my daughter in law's paternal grandmother's Czech heritage.  All of this is most helpful and I will keep working on figuring out her roots -at least I have several alternative ways to search now.  I was getting pretty stuck!  Thanks again.  Sue Eppley Landrith