Stephanus KOCHAN - Olsavica Birth Record

  • creativelr
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      This record is in the photos section under my FIAS JANKANICS folder, but I've copied the link below.

      STEPHANUS KOCHAN is the third entry and this is his birth record. We are still trying to find "Our" Stephanus and this might be him, but with different parents????

      THe question is.... What is written in the second column... it looks like QUI IMPRA NEMEN, but google translate isn't helping me. And, the odd think is, the parents' names are UNDER Stephanus' name and not in that column where the Qui Impra Nemen is. Can anyone translate and explain this entry? My cousin wonders if he's adopted? Or was it simply a mistake to have written the parents' names under his name?

      Thanks,

      Linda

      Link to image:

    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2011
        Linda,
        The Latin phrase is: qui infra nomen.

        It means: who is named [mentioned] below.

        It is not clear to me if this refers to the child Stephanus, or to the Maria preceeding the qui infra, but if you read over the register for a page or two it should become clear. It just means that the person is mentioned again in the register. Nothing more.

        Curt B.
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "creativelr" <CreativeLR@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > This record is in the photos section under my FIAS JANKANICS folder, but I've copied the link below.
        >
        > STEPHANUS KOCHAN is the third entry and this is his birth record. We are still trying to find "Our" Stephanus and this might be him, but with different parents????
        >
        > THe question is.... What is written in the second column... it looks like QUI IMPRA NEMEN, but google translate isn't helping me. And, the odd think is, the parents' names are UNDER Stephanus' name and not in that column where the Qui Impra Nemen is. Can anyone translate and explain this entry? My cousin wonders if he's adopted? Or was it simply a mistake to have written the parents' names under his name?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Linda
        >
        > Link to image:

      • creativelr
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2011
          Thanks Curt. Our Stephanus remains elusive, but at least I now know that phrase isn't going to help me with the brick wall. Thanks. I'll keep looking. Linda