Please read! new instructions!

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2001
      Dear all,

      Since yahoo bought out egroups, we now have some changes we must deal
      with for those of you who use the SLOVAKROOTS egroups/now yahoo page to
      read mail, subscribe/unsubscribe, or upload files.

      using your email address and password you've used before. You then have
      to answer some questions to register with Yahoo if you haven't already
      used them. (not too bad, I put in a fake birth year, so you can fake it
      ... but some fields you do have to answer). Remember to uncheck the
      "send me info" field if you don't want to get emails from yahoo on
      things.

      Then it will transfer you and all your lists over to yahoogroups.

      Other than this, there is really no difference, you can still send mail
      to the old address and it will go through (as I am doing now) or send it
      to SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com You might want to update your bookmarks
      and address books to address this situation.

      I'm sorry about this, but it's out of my control. All in all tho, I
      think this is the best server for us, as many of you take advantage of
      the file upload capabilty to have us check images etc.

      I've gone through this, and it only took a few minutes and was fairly
      painless -- if you go directly to the old url for the list on
      egroups.com it will bring you right to the re-register page.

      Thanks for your cooperation on this :)

      Maura

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • Mary Anne Drobnak
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
        Mary Anne Drobnak

        > Dear all,
        >
        > Since yahoo bought out egroups, we now have some changes we must deal
        > with for those of you who use the SLOVAKROOTS egroups/now yahoo page to
        > read mail, subscribe/unsubscribe, or upload files.

        > using your email address and password you've used before. You then have
        > to answer some questions to register with Yahoo if you haven't already
        > used them. (not too bad, I put in a fake birth year, so you can fake it
        > ... but some fields you do have to answer). Remember to uncheck the
        > "send me info" field if you don't want to get emails from yahoo on
        > things.
        >
        > Then it will transfer you and all your lists over to yahoogroups.
        >
        > Other than this, there is really no difference, you can still send mail
        > to the old address and it will go through (as I am doing now) or send it
        > to SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com You might want to update your bookmarks
        > and address books to address this situation.
        >
        > I'm sorry about this, but it's out of my control. All in all tho, I
        > think this is the best server for us, as many of you take advantage of
        > the file upload capabilty to have us check images etc.
        >
        > I've gone through this, and it only took a few minutes and was fairly
        > painless -- if you go directly to the old url for the list on
        > egroups.com it will bring you right to the re-register page.
        >
        > Thanks for your cooperation on this :)
        >
        > Maura

        > http://community.webtv.net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I went to yahoo link. After my email address they asked for the
        authorization code. What do they want? Thx
        --
        Mary Anne Drobnak
        madrobnak@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
          I had the same problem, Maura! What authorization code?
          June

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
            After I sent this e-mail, yahoo sent me an e-mail with the authorization
            code. Once I had that, the rest was easy!!
            June

            I had the same problem, Maura! What authorization code?
            June

            > Since yahoo bought out egroups, we now have some changes we must deal
            > with for those of you who use the SLOVAKROOTS egroups/now yahoo page to
            > read mail, subscribe/unsubscribe, or upload files.

            > using your email address and password you've used before. You then have
            > to answer some questions to register with Yahoo if you haven't already
            > used them. (not too bad, I put in a fake birth year, so you can fake it
            > ... but some fields you do have to answer). Remember to uncheck the
            > "send me info" field if you don't want to get emails from yahoo on
            > things.
            >
            > Then it will transfer you and all your lists over to yahoogroups.
            >
            > Other than this, there is really no difference, you can still send mail
            > to the old address and it will go through (as I am doing now) or send it
            > to SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com You might want to update your bookmarks
            > and address books to address this situation.
            >
            > I'm sorry about this, but it's out of my control. All in all tho, I
            > think this is the best server for us, as many of you take advantage of
            > the file upload capabilty to have us check images etc.
            >
            > I've gone through this, and it only took a few minutes and was fairly
            > painless -- if you go directly to the old url for the list on
            > egroups.com it will bring you right to the re-register page.
            >
            > Thanks for your cooperation on this :)
            >
            > Maura

            > http://community.webtv.net/mpetzolt2/helpfulhints
            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            I went to yahoo link. After my email address they asked for the
            authorization code. What do they want? Thx
            --
            Mary Anne Drobnak
            madrobnak@...
          • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
              Maura,

              Yahoo uses "cookies" - - - I don't so. I suppose I'll have to work out
              someway to avoid cookies or just leave the list. By the way, the yahoo site
              to register is a bit difficult to navigate, especially when the site will not
              let the browser go "BACK". I hope things work out well with this change.

              Dr. "Q"

            • connie ruley
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                i try to do it and it keeps telling me iam already
                reg. or am i doing something wrong? connie

                a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
              • John Kozakiewicz
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                  Your not alone. I received the same response.....John K

                • sawdust4@execpc.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
                    > If you are going to do gaming on the computer, make sure you have at
                    least 128 meg of ram. This will also help with photo
                    work and scanning. As for the chip, I would go at least600 mhz, 800
                    would
                    be better
                    but stay away form the celeron chip, for about the same money you
                    can have a pentium III. I know others may tell you that there is no
                    differance
                    between a celeron and a pentium, but beleive me, there can be
                    compatibility
                    problems
                    with some software. The celeron chip is one way they can hold down
                    prices
                    and compete
                    with other company simply on price. But is that what you want from
                    your
                    computer, somthing that
                    was build simply to compete in a price war? Im not saying some e-
                    machines
                    arent good, I am using
                    one to send this message, but it has a pentium chip inside. If you
                    want to
                    get into details deeper than
                    this, send me a private email.

                    Jim the Slovak