Nizny Hrusov

  • deeellessbee
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
      Can someone tell me where I could find the records for Nizny Hrusov? I think I'm looking for GC records, but not certain yet, so I may need RC too. I thought perhaps they'd be in the records for Vranov nad Topl'ou in Presov but I did a spot check and did not see Nizny Hrusov in any records.

      Thank you!
      Debbie
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
        Nizny Hrusov is located in far eastern Slovakia. The large city of Michalovce is at the western end of a large reservoir. Nizny Hrusov is at about “10 o’clock”, northwest of Michalovce. Nizny Hrusov records are Roman Catholic - https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757898

        Nižný Hrušov VT/PV zemplín.
        1773 Alsó-Kürtvélyes, Nizny Hrussow, 1786 Alschó-Körtwélyesch, Nižný Hrussow, 1808 Alsó-Körtvélyes, Nižní Hrussow, 1863–1913 Alsókörtvélyesch, 1920 Hrušovík, Hrušov, 1927– Nižný Hrušov

        Can someone tell me where I could find the records for Nizny Hrusov? I think I'm looking for GC records, but not certain yet, so I may need RC too. I thought perhaps they'd be in the records for Vranov nad Topl'ou in Presov but I did a spot check and did not see Nizny Hrusov in any records.

        Thank you!
        Debbie

      • CurtB
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
          Debbie,
          Greek Catholic records for Nizny Hrusov are with Pos~a [Poša], the next village north, and both Jewish and Reformed church records are in Michalovce. Roman Catholic are the only ones recorded in Nizny Hrusov.

          Curt B.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@...> wrote:

          > Can someone tell me where I could find the records for Nizny Hrusov? I think I'm looking for GC records, but not certain yet, so I may need RC too. I thought perhaps they'd be in the records for Vranov nad Topl'ou in Presov but I did a spot check and did not see Nizny Hrusov in any records.
          >
          > Thank you!
          > Debbie

        • deeellessbee
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
            Thank you Michael. Yes, I knew where it was on a map, I just couldn't find it in the records. So it IS in Vranov nad Topl'ou, as I thought... I didn't see it in the Greek Catholic records for Vranov nad Topl'ou. I guess I will look again - or would the GC records be elsewhere?

            I was going to start with GC records as the family has been GC going all the way back so far. But perhaps the particular person I am looking for is RC, so I'll take a look at the link you gave me.

            Thanks1
            Debbie

            > Nizny Hrusov is located in far eastern Slovakia. The large city of Michalovce is at the western end of a large reservoir. Nizny Hrusov is at about “10 o’clock”, northwest of Michalovce. Nizny Hrusov records are Roman Catholic - https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757898
            >
            > Nižný Hrušov VT/PV zemplín.
            > 1773 Alsó-Kürtvélyes, Nizny Hrussow, 1786 Alschó-Körtwélyesch, Nižný Hrussow, 1808 Alsó-Körtvélyes, Nižní Hrussow, 1863â€"1913 Alsókörtvélyesch, 1920 HruÅ¡ovík, HruÅ¡ov, 1927â€" Nižný HruÅ¡ov

          • deeellessbee
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2011
              Thank you Curt! You posted while I was replying to Michael. You've saved me a lot of time. I had started going town-by-town in the area, glancing through to find Nizny Hrusov, and then just figured I'd ask here! Thanks!

              Debbie