[S-R] Re: crossed out marriage record

  • deeellessbee
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2011
      Good idea - some day when I'm feeling stuck but still want to research, I'll try tracing those two - John and Maria - and see if I can find what they did after backing out of their marriage! Actually, two lines below is a marriage record for another Janos Zuber, 24, who I have connected to a family I'm researching. I'm wondering if the older Janos Zuber who got the cold feet was his father. Something fun to work on!

      I too have noticed the crossed out birth records and wondered what they meant. I know if a baby died there was usually a cross next to their name; is a crossed out birth record a mistake? Hard to think they would actually cross out a birth record of a child who died - after all, if they only lived for even a day they were still born. Interesting....

      Debbie

    • mkoschik@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2011
        Somehow this reminded me of the old Stan Freberg sketch, "John and Marsha."