Re: crossed out marriage record

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2011
      Sorry - not illegal but 'the record is therefore meaningless'.

      On 3 December 2011 18:36, htcstech <htcstech@...> wrote:

      > The note says "I wrote the entry before the marriage, then the couple
      > withdrew, therefore illegal"
      > They backed out of the marriage. :)
      > Peter

    • deeellessbee
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2011
        Ah, interesting. I was hoping for something a bit juicier, lol, - or at least a little more detail - but I guess that's that! Google translate kept throwing in the word "lie" no matter how I spelled or rearranged the spacing of the letters, so I was expecting something more gossipy!

        Thanks so much,
        Debbie

        > Sorry - not illegal but 'the record is therefore meaningless'.
        >
        > On 3 December 2011 18:36, htcstech <htcstech@...> wrote:
        >
        > > The note says "I wrote the entry before the marriage, then the couple
        > > withdrew, therefore illegal"
        > > They backed out of the marriage. :)
        > > Peter

      • htcstech
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2011
          I bet it was very juicy! Well they were both widower/widow. Normally those
          kind of pairings are to look after children or for companionship. The 45 yr
          old Zuber may of gotten a better offer ;) or maybe the lady didn't want to
          look after Zuber's children and she got a better offer! One way to find out
          is to trace them both and see what happened.

          I've certainly found some great gossipy/juicy stuff way back in my line!
          Good enough for at least a lunchtime soap series :)

          Harking back to the emails, There is not that much difference between Zuber
          and Huber in its written form so I wouldn't be too surprised if this
          happened some time ago.

          Peter

          On 4 December 2011 02:18, deeellessbee <deeellessbee@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Ah, interesting. I was hoping for something a bit juicier, lol, - or at
          > least a little more detail - but I guess that's that! Google translate kept
          > throwing in the word "lie" no matter how I spelled or rearranged the
          > spacing of the letters, so I was expecting something more gossipy!
          >
          > Thanks so much,
          > Debbie
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, htcstech <htcstech@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Sorry - not illegal but 'the record is therefore meaningless'.
          > >
          > > On 3 December 2011 18:36, htcstech <htcstech@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > The note says "I wrote the entry before the marriage, then the couple
          > > > withdrew, therefore illegal"
          > > > They backed out of the marriage. :)
          > > > Peter

        • deeellessbee
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2011
            Good idea - some day when I'm feeling stuck but still want to research, I'll try tracing those two - John and Maria - and see if I can find what they did after backing out of their marriage! Actually, two lines below is a marriage record for another Janos Zuber, 24, who I have connected to a family I'm researching. I'm wondering if the older Janos Zuber who got the cold feet was his father. Something fun to work on!

            I too have noticed the crossed out birth records and wondered what they meant. I know if a baby died there was usually a cross next to their name; is a crossed out birth record a mistake? Hard to think they would actually cross out a birth record of a child who died - after all, if they only lived for even a day they were still born. Interesting....

            Debbie

          • mkoschik@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2011
              Somehow this reminded me of the old Stan Freberg sketch, "John and Marsha."