Re: [S-R] Re: Help w/ Village Name

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2011
      Dear John:

      Thank you. I wrote to my friend whose ancestors came from SMIZANY and
      informed her that someone else was researching the village. I will keep this
      forum posted if there is a possible connection.

      Best regards,

      David

      In a message dated 12/2/2011 4:50:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      johnqadam@... writes:

      >>> What are the full names of the people being searched for in SMIZANY? I
      know someone whose ancestors are from SMIZANY. And some of my ancestors
      lived nearby in DOMANOVCE and SPISSKY HRHOV. <<<

      David, it's not me but Eric who is researching Smizany. The surname is
      VLCAK.

    • tkejuice1208
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2011
        Hello David, I am researching in the area of Smizany. My GG Grandfather was Stephanus Vilcsek. At age 25, he married a Korsala from Dravce in 1897. The marriage record says that he was from Szepes-Sumeghimi. I know from immigration records that he had a sister named Anna who also claimed Sz-Sumeg as the village of origin. Unfortunately, the Smizany collection currently available online doesn't account for the family's presence in the village. I have started researching in the Letanovce collection. Thanks for passing my information along. Please wish me luck!

        -Eric