Cestice Greek Catholic Records

  • JEFF KOSTELNIK
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011
      Hi everyone!

      I need a little help....

      on the LDS website, I found Greek Catholic records for Cestice (Szeszta) Slovakia for the years 1870-1902. Anyone know if the records prior to those years may fall under a different town or religion? The records show the infor from 1870-1902 as being from Volume 161, Item 1 and Item 4.....Items #2 and #3 seem to be missing.....

      Any help would be appreciated....

      Thanks in advance!

      Jeff
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011
        Jeff,

        Cestice has been incorporated into the town of Moldava nad Bodvou. Nonetheless you do have two rolls of film:
        Krsty 1870-1897 Úmrtia 1869-1877 FHL INTL Film 1978721 Item 4
        Úmrtia 1877-1902 Manželstvá 1870-1896 FHL INTL Film 1978722 Item 1

        Greek Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for Cestice, Slovakia, formerly Szeszta, Abauj-Torna, Hungary. Text in Hungarian.

        The location on the roll of film is the “Item #”. So, the first roll has at “Item 4” records for Cestice. The rest of the film somewhere else, possibly Moldava nad Bodvou. And the second roll begins, “Item 1”, with Cestice records.