Re: Rankovce, Abov

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25, 1999
      Thanks -- I will pass this on to the Probable Cousins who are researching
      the Samko family. My branch changed their name to Vangor around 1840,
      taking it from the female line. No idea why.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 25, 1999
        Dear Maura and List,

        I am planning to move but I like the idea of having those files on permanent
        hold at the FHC. Do they make a extra copy of the microfilm? Meanwhile,
        my Dad is beside himself with excitement, because "your" Joe and Olly Fabry
        are the cousins he remembers in Bridgeport -- in fact, he lived next door to
        them. So now he is picking old photographs of the family out of his album
        to scan into a computer for me.

        Looks like we are not Probable Cousins, but our families were friends and
        neighbors!

        Andrea