Re: Moravitz?

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Bernardine Weigand <bweigand@i...> wrote:
      > Bruce, in my "Nazvy Obci" book I found there was a "Morawitz", now
      known as "Zlate Moravce"--more western Slovakia.
      > once known as" Kostolno-Morawitz" (Kostolne Moravce),also western
      part, and "Opatove Moravce", (Apat-Morawitz) both now a part of
      "Hontianske Moravce".
      > If you want all the name changes, I'll send them out.
      > Bernardine

      According to my Podrobny' Slovakia AutoAtlas that was quite
      an extensive consolidation of villages.

      Zlaté Moravce (Golden Moravia) is located 61 miles ENE of
      Bratislava in okres Nitra.
      PSC 95301 (our ZIP)

      Kostolné Moravce +
      Opatové Moravce +
      Hontianske Moravce are located 80 miles east of Bratislava
      in okres Zvolen.
      PSC 96270

      That is 25 miles between the two sets of named locations as the
      falcon flies ?