Re: [S-R] Moravitz?

  • Bernardine Weigand
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2001
      Bruce, in my "Nazvy Obci" book I found there was a "Morawitz", now known as "Zlate Moravce"--more western Slovakia.

      once known as" Kostolno-Morawitz" (Kostolne Moravce),also western part, and "Opatove Moravce", (Apat-Morawitz) both now a part of "Hontianske Moravce".

      If you want all the name changes, I'll send them out.

      Bernardine

    • frankur@att.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2001
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., Bernardine Weigand <bweigand@i...> wrote:
        > Bruce, in my "Nazvy Obci" book I found there was a "Morawitz", now
        known as "Zlate Moravce"--more western Slovakia.

        > once known as" Kostolno-Morawitz" (Kostolne Moravce),also western
        part, and "Opatove Moravce", (Apat-Morawitz) both now a part of
        "Hontianske Moravce".

        > If you want all the name changes, I'll send them out.
        >
        > Bernardine

        According to my Podrobny' Slovakia AutoAtlas that was quite
        an extensive consolidation of villages.

        Zlaté Moravce (Golden Moravia) is located 61 miles ENE of
        Bratislava in okres Nitra.
        PSC 95301 (our ZIP)

        Kostolné Moravce +
        Opatové Moravce +
        Hontianske Moravce are located 80 miles east of Bratislava
        in okres Zvolen.
        PSC 96270

        That is 25 miles between the two sets of named locations as the
        falcon flies ?