Re: [S-R] Re: looking for mraz family from Levice area, Slovakia

  • Bernardine Weigand
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2001
      Re: zip codes

      Last year when writing letters to Slovakia I had accessed a site that had all the zip codes for Slovakia. I haven't used it recently, but here it is:
      http://www.eunet.sk/cgi-bin/get-psc?++

      I printed them out and it makes a handy little reference guide rather than accessing the site each time.

      Bernardine

      helenezx@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 1/29/2001 12:09:39 PM, frankur@... writes:
      >
      > << information about the Paul Mraz family that
      >
      > > lived in Podulzany, Slovakia >>
      >
      > Podluzany is one of my favorite villages in Slovakia - they had an incredibly
      > beautiful folk dress -on display at the Mingei International Museum in San
      > Diego CA for a year. (I have a portrait of a weaver from the village in my
      > book Treasures of Slovakia.)
      >
      > If you have birthdates of any of your ancestors born in Slovakia you can
      > check the LDS archives or write to the Slovak archives. If you have any old
      > letters with return addresses you can send a letter in Slvoak there or write
      > to the mayor of each village.
      >
      > Have listed your names in our Slovak Pride data base
      > Your village of Braacka is now called Bardonovo
      >
      > I have zip codes if you need them
      >
      > helene

    • connie ruley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2001
        --- Bernardine Weigand <bweigand@...> wrote:
        > Re: zip codes
        >
        > Last year when writing letters to Slovakia I had
        > accessed a site that had all the zip codes for
        > Slovakia. I haven't used it recently, but here it
        > is:
        > http://www.eunet.sk/cgi-bin/get-psc?++
        >
        > I printed them out and it makes a handy little
        > reference guide rather than accessing the site each
        > time.
        >
        > Bernardine
        >

        > helenezx@... wrote:
        > >

        > > In a message dated 1/29/2001 12:09:39 PM,
        > frankur@... writes:
        > >
        > > << information about the Paul Mraz family that
        > >
        > > > lived in Podulzany, Slovakia >>
        > >
        > > Podluzany is one of my favorite villages in
        > Slovakia - they had an incredibly
        > > beautiful folk dress -on display at the Mingei
        > International Museum in San
        > > Diego CA for a year. (I have a portrait of a
        > weaver from the village in my
        > > book Treasures of Slovakia.)
        > >
        > > If you have birthdates of any of your ancestors
        > born in Slovakia you can
        > > check the LDS archives or write to the Slovak
        > archives. If you have any old
        > > letters with return addresses you can send a
        > letter in Slvoak there or write
        > > to the mayor of each village.
        > >
        > > Have listed your names in our Slovak Pride data
        > base
        > > Your village of Braacka is now called Bardonovo
        > >
        > > I have zip codes if you need them
        > >
        > > helene
        > >
        > > my name is connie i wanted to say thank you for
        the zipcodes i plan on writing to ruskov. i think i
        have family there thanks again connie

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/