CONTINUED DISCUSSION RE: Re: Family History- Prasice, Slovakia

  • LONGJOHN , SLOVAKJANKO
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2011
      TO: Robert Gresdo <rgresdo@...>, RE:SKYPE NAME SEARCHS( "TRY IT--YOU'LL LIKE IT TOO! " )---Re: Family History- Prasice, Slovakia:Bob,FOR ME, I found that a SKYPE name search for "Detkova" turned up 123 "possibles" FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD ( YOU CAN ELIMINATE SOME,BUT, SOME OF THE NAMED CONTACTS CITE EITHER THE CITY AND/OR COUNTRY WHICH THE "SKYPER" PROVIDED AS INFO---Skype is free phoning, FREE AUDIO-VIDEO TWO-WAY CONVERSATIONS, and free SMS WHEN SENT TO/FROM OTHER "SKYPE-ERS" BUT, ONLY WHEN CONDUCTED OVER THE INTERNET ( "SKYPE-ERS"= MY just THIS VERY MOMENT created NEOLOGISM ).. HOWEVER I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU PURCHASE A MINIMUM $10.DOLLAR CREDIT IN ORDER TO COVER ANY SMS, OR PHONE CALLS TO "NON-SKYPERS"---BEFORE THIS , I WAS "DEAD IN THE WATER" = " UP AGAINST A / THE BRICK WALL" IN SEEKING INFO. RE DETKOVI ---- THIS IS HOW I OBTAINED MY "HOT LEADS" FOR WHICH I WILL INVESTIGATE DURING MY NEXT TRIP TO SK )---WITH FAMILY MEMBERS , I VISITED THE CHURCHS ( ST. JACUB???) CEMETERY, , THERE WERE MANY OTHER "PALUSOVI" 'RESIDING' THERE, BUT SOME OF WHICH WAS TOLD WERE NOT MY RELATIVES--- I SUSPECT THAT SOME OF THEM MAY WELL HAVE BEEN , AS MOST SLOVAKS , PARTICULARILY THOSE IN SMALL VILLAGES ,DON'T SEEM TO BE TOO VERY INTERESTED IN "PRA-RODICE" GENEALOGY, BUT, SEEM ,RATHER TO BE "TOO CAUGHT -UP IN THE MOMENT" ABOUT EVERY DAY LIVING TASKS--LIKE EARNING A LIVING, TAKING CARE OF FAMILY, AND OTHER "AT THIS MOMENT", "DEEMED NECESSARY" LIFE ACTIVITIES....THEN, AGAIN, THEY JUST MIGHT NOT BE AWARE OF THEIR ALSO = MY MORE DISTANT ANCESTORS.By the way, Grandpa Emery/Immerick/EMORY Palus came over in 1910---Some several years ago, I came across a web posting in which an 'ancient' local (SK) newspaper article stated thatthere were two who came over = left Pracise at the same time, but the other person was not named.

      /S/ JOHN-E WHITE-III ("SLOVAK-JANKO") <johnewhiteiii@... >, GRANITE CITY, IL