Re: [S-R] Re: looking for mraz family from Levice area, Slovakia

  • helenezx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2001
      In a message dated 1/29/2001 12:09:39 PM, frankur@... writes:

      << information about the Paul Mraz family that

      > lived in Podulzany, Slovakia >>

      Podluzany is one of my favorite villages in Slovakia - they had an incredibly
      beautiful folk dress -on display at the Mingei International Museum in San
      Diego CA for a year. (I have a portrait of a weaver from the village in my
      book Treasures of Slovakia.)

      If you have birthdates of any of your ancestors born in Slovakia you can
      check the LDS archives or write to the Slovak archives. If you have any old
      letters with return addresses you can send a letter in Slvoak there or write
      to the mayor of each village.

      Have listed your names in our Slovak Pride data base
      Your village of Braacka is now called Bardonovo

      I have zip codes if you need them

      helene
    • Bernardine Weigand
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2001
        Re: zip codes

        Last year when writing letters to Slovakia I had accessed a site that had all the zip codes for Slovakia. I haven't used it recently, but here it is:
        http://www.eunet.sk/cgi-bin/get-psc?++

        I printed them out and it makes a handy little reference guide rather than accessing the site each time.

        Bernardine

        helenezx@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 1/29/2001 12:09:39 PM, frankur@... writes:
        >
        > << information about the Paul Mraz family that
        >
        > > lived in Podulzany, Slovakia >>
        >
        > Podluzany is one of my favorite villages in Slovakia - they had an incredibly
        > beautiful folk dress -on display at the Mingei International Museum in San
        > Diego CA for a year. (I have a portrait of a weaver from the village in my
        > book Treasures of Slovakia.)
        >
        > If you have birthdates of any of your ancestors born in Slovakia you can
        > check the LDS archives or write to the Slovak archives. If you have any old
        > letters with return addresses you can send a letter in Slvoak there or write
        > to the mayor of each village.
        >
        > Have listed your names in our Slovak Pride data base
        > Your village of Braacka is now called Bardonovo
        >
        > I have zip codes if you need them
        >
        > helene

      • connie ruley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2001
          --- Bernardine Weigand <bweigand@...> wrote:
          > Re: zip codes
          >
          > Last year when writing letters to Slovakia I had
          > accessed a site that had all the zip codes for
          > Slovakia. I haven't used it recently, but here it
          > is:
          > http://www.eunet.sk/cgi-bin/get-psc?++
          >
          > I printed them out and it makes a handy little
          > reference guide rather than accessing the site each
          > time.
          >
          > Bernardine
          >

          > helenezx@... wrote:
          > >

          > > In a message dated 1/29/2001 12:09:39 PM,
          > frankur@... writes:
          > >
          > > << information about the Paul Mraz family that
          > >
          > > > lived in Podulzany, Slovakia >>
          > >
          > > Podluzany is one of my favorite villages in
          > Slovakia - they had an incredibly
          > > beautiful folk dress -on display at the Mingei
          > International Museum in San
          > > Diego CA for a year. (I have a portrait of a
          > weaver from the village in my
          > > book Treasures of Slovakia.)
          > >
          > > If you have birthdates of any of your ancestors
          > born in Slovakia you can
          > > check the LDS archives or write to the Slovak
          > archives. If you have any old
          > > letters with return addresses you can send a
          > letter in Slvoak there or write
          > > to the mayor of each village.
          > >
          > > Have listed your names in our Slovak Pride data
          > base
          > > Your village of Braacka is now called Bardonovo
          > >
          > > I have zip codes if you need them
          > >
          > > helene
          > >
          > > my name is connie i wanted to say thank you for
          the zipcodes i plan on writing to ruskov. i think i
          have family there thanks again connie

          a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/