Re: looking for mraz family from Levice area, Slovakia

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., soulart@h... wrote:
      > I am looking for any inmformation about the Paul Mraz family that
      > lived in Podulzany, Slovakia, from about 1900 to 1930.
      > My grandfather was Paul Mraz, he married Helen Pustay.
      > Paul Mraz's parents were Andre Mraz and Maria Durcekova. I am told
      my
      > great grandparents came from Baracka in the Novom Bardonova area.
      > My grandmother's parents were Andrew Pustay and Elizabeth Fabian
      > (born at Stari Tekov, Czechoslovakia).
      > Paul Mraz came to Canada in 1930. His wife died in Levice in 1938.
      > Their children, Helen, Joe, Julia and Mary (b.1929, my mother) came
      > to Canada via the SHIP AUSONIA in AUGUST 1938, landing at the port
      of
      > Montreal. They lived in the Glencoe, Ontario area.
      >
      > Presently still living in Levice, are relatives, cousin Olga
      Stevkova
      > (Milan). We are also told that Paul Mraz had a brother living in
      > Levice.
      > Would appreciate any further information or contacts.
      > Thank you,
      > Lin Souliere-Bell, Ontario, Canada

      Expect that you have more relatives in these areas.

      The Slovakia telephone directory lists 68 surname Mráz
      in the Levice area.
      25 surname Mráz and Mrázová (fem. form) are listed under Levice.
      Several surname D^urc^ek and D^urc^eková (fem. form) are also
      listed.

      The directory also lists 60 surname S^tevko and S^tevková (fem. form)
      under the Levice area , including 20 surnames listed under Levice.

      Barac^ka is located near Trenc^ianske Teplice in the Trenc^ín area of
      western Slovakia.

      Stary' Tekov is located just east of Levice.
      35 surname Fabian are listed under the Levice area, including 9
      surnames
      listed under Stary' Tekov.