Re: [S-R] Family History Centers

  • John
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 9, 2011
      I checked Malacky and Male Levare for Chmela. No luck. The online film for Velke Levare is mis-filed somewhere.

      Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, and deaths for Veľké Leváre, Malacky, Slovakia; formerly Velké Leváre, Malacky, Slovensko, Czechoslovakia; and Nagy-Lévárd, Pozsony, Hungary.

      Inv. c. 2588 Krsty 1801-1852
      VAULT INTL Film 2441943 Item 2

      Perhaps some smarter than me can locate it.
    • Richard Ganofsky
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 9, 2011
        Hello Karen,
        I live in Cleveland, Ohio and I believe my cousin Dave Baloga
        also touched base on this topic.

        I can personally say for myself I have always had a very enjoyable working with
        the LDS Center that both Dave and I attend.

        I have researched my family there for about 10 years or more and I was never
        approached by a member in regards to join the church.

        All the staff have always been curtious and professional and eager to assist
        me, and the other patrons.

        My wife who helps me with my genealogy is fascinated with all types of religion,
        and has even had very polite and informational conversations with on duty staff
        members.

        During any one discussion that she had they never attemped to recruit her or my
        self for the mormon faith.

        The most they ever did was offer us a book of Mormon to learn more about them (
        which we took and read ).

        I would hope that perhaps one day soon visit your local LDS library as it and
        the patrons there will open many new doors for your searches.

        Best of luck to you in your ongoing genealogical endeavors

        Kindest regards,
        Rich

        PS - my 1 question for you is what is the big deal with your landlord should you
        deside to visit?

        Your business is your's and not his

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 10, 2011
          >>> The online film for Velke Levare is mis-filed somewhere.

          Roman Catholic parish registers of baptisms, marriages, and deaths for Velké Leváre, Malacky, Slovakia; formerly Velké Leváre, Malacky, Slovakia; and Nagy-Lévárd, Pozsony, Hungary.

          Inv. c. 2588 Krsty 1801-1852
          VAULT INTL Film 2441943 Item 2 <<<

          Thanks for contacting FamilySearch about our Slovakia, Church Records collection and the missing records for Velké Leváre, Malacky, Slovakia.

          On 10/28/2011 FamilySearch reloaded the Sloavia collection after a rework. This reloading caused multiple sets of records to not be reloaded. The engineers are still in the process of returning all the records to this collection. Please continue to check. We will report this finding to the engineers so that they can insure the return of these records.
        • Zoe Chandik
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 10, 2011
            Karen, It is quite obvious to me why they came to your door. You ordered a book about Mormons. They presumed you were interested in becoming a Mormon. I've been going to the mormon Library and family history centers for 20 years . I have never been visited by them. Go to the family history centers and to the Mormon Library in Salt Lake City, they won't accost you. Zoe
            On Nov 7, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Bob Pollak wrote:

            > I have used the FHC in both Tucson and in Lubbock and have never had anyone from the Mormon Church come to my home. About once a week I visit the local FHC to view films and no one has ever approached me about becoming a member of the church or try to influence me in any way. It must have been a local thing that you experienced.
            >
            > Bob Pollak

          • patskanovo
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 11, 2011
              "Laskavy Prosim"
              I miss Skeeter...
              Dennis

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:

              > >They are not supposed to discuss religon with you at FHC. I am
              > >married to a church member and have never had any discussions of
              > >religon started by members at a FHC. Just tell them you are not
              > >interested and want to do genealogical research.
              >
              > Laskavy Prosim
              >
              > Nick

            • Marge Friel
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 5, 2011
                Zoe,
                All you have to do is request your name be removed and they will comply.

                Karen, It is quite obvious to me why they came to your door. You ordered a book about Mormons. They presumed you were interested in becoming a Mormon. I've been going to the mormon Library and family history centers for 20 years . I have never been visited by them. Go to the family history centers and to the Mormon Library in Salt Lake City, they won't accost you. Zoe
                On Nov 7, 2011, at 4:51 PM, Bob Pollak wrote:

                > I have used the FHC in both Tucson and in Lubbock and have never had anyone from the Mormon Church come to my home. About once a week I visit the local FHC to view films and no one has ever approached me about becoming a member of the church or try to influence me in any way. It must have been a local thing that you experienced.
                >
                > Bob Pollak

              • Nick Holcz
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 5, 2011
                  >dear moderator, surely we are not going to go through this stuff again.

                  Laskavy Prosim

                  Nick