Re: looking

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2001
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., connie_ruley@y... wrote:

      > > Pat,i would very much like to fine out if any of those kazimir are
      > part of my family . i have some infor.. just tell me what you would
      > like to know and i will send it to you. maybe i can fineout some
      more
      > family. thank you connie
      > > _________________
      > >
      > > connie_ruley@y... wrote:
      > >
      > > > iam looking for any one that might know if there is any kazimir
      > > > [kazimer]that might be still living in a place that is now call
      > > > ruskov. it used to be call regeteruszka.or any churches that i
      > might
      > > > send a email or write a letter to in that country. thank you
      > connie
      > > > ruley email add. worlock@a...

      Don't know your surnames.

      Ruskov is located 200 miles ENE of Bratislava in
      okres (district) Kos^ice in eastern Slovakia.

      You didn't specify surname religion ?

      Parish church records are available for Ruskov.
      R.C., G.C., Calvanist, and Jewish records.

      Before WW I, Slovakia was part of Upper Hungary (Felvidék) and
      part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire (1867-1918) and earlier a
      part of Hungary under the Austrian Empire.
      Hungarian names were used for towns and counties.

      For example :
      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. parish church records (1789-1906)
      for Ruskov, Slovakia, formerly Regete-Ruszka, Abaúj-Torna Megye
      (county),Hungary.

      Film headers in Slovak.

      In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
      Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
      Sobás^ení = Marriages
      Zomrelí = Deaths

      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      In Hungarian the matriky are titled anyakönyvek.

      Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

      film #
      1981436
      1924879