[S-R] Re: Help reading a record please

  • deeellessbee
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2011
      Hi. Thanks for the help so far! Okay, I guess Google translator isn't so bad after all! I did get "cottar" for zseller, but never heard the word before and didn't even know it was a word, lol, so didn't know what it meant.

      I was a bit puzzled by the seemingly GK priest too, as I thought that 1)the family was RC and that 2)Ujvaros did have a GK church, and that 3) these are the RC records... perhaps Mihaly was GK and married a RC woman, worshipped as a RC, but at the end wanted a GK priest? Or maybe he was the only priest available that day? Interesting. Would a RC have accepted a GK priest in an emergency? Does this GK priest have any implications for Mihaly's religious beliefs? Or am I reading too much into it? Just curious....

      Ladislav, yes, Ujvaros is Slanske Nove Mesto, and these are the records for Ujvaros, as far as I can tell - they are in Ruskov. I guess that means Ujvaros did not have it own RC church.

      Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!
      Debbie