Re: Help with translating. *Topolosky

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
      Jamie,
      The meaning is given in Hungarian at the head (top of each column)

      no. 40 is number in sequence
      2nd column date of birth
      3d column name of baptizing clergy\ here ditto to name at top of page
      4th column is name of child [there is a word in Hungarian which I am not able to read under the child's name}
      5th column name of parents
      6th column religion here RK=Roman Catholic, [not RR]
      7th columm status of parents [he is a landowner]
      8th column baptismal sponsors: janos Hlovzizik? and Maria Dacsa
      9th column name of village: Parno

      Curt B.

    • lacoros@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
        The hungarian word under the name is "utanszulot" which translate as posthumous - born after the death of his father.

        Ladislav