Re: [S-R] Help with translating. *Topolosky

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
      At the top is Nevei, Births
      Day 20 May
      Birth of Janos/John
      Father Topolovski, Jozef
      Mother Kaso , Maria
      Religion RR (probably Roman Catholic)

      Since it was just a clip I don’t know any more.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
        Jamie,
        The meaning is given in Hungarian at the head (top of each column)

        no. 40 is number in sequence
        2nd column date of birth
        3d column name of baptizing clergy\ here ditto to name at top of page
        4th column is name of child [there is a word in Hungarian which I am not able to read under the child's name}
        5th column name of parents
        6th column religion here RK=Roman Catholic, [not RR]
        7th columm status of parents [he is a landowner]
        8th column baptismal sponsors: janos Hlovzizik? and Maria Dacsa
        9th column name of village: Parno

        Curt B.

      • lacoros@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
          The hungarian word under the name is "utanszulot" which translate as posthumous - born after the death of his father.

          Ladislav