Help with translating. *Topolosky

  • JamieLynn
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
      Could anyone help me translate this?

      http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff236/luvorh8u/Genealogy/johnsbirthrecordfromparno2.jpg

      It is line 40. I can make out the date, and some of the names, but I have no idea what each row means.

      Any help is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Jamie
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
        At the top is Nevei, Births
        Day 20 May
        Birth of Janos/John
        Father Topolovski, Jozef
        Mother Kaso , Maria
        Religion RR (probably Roman Catholic)

        Since it was just a clip I don’t know any more.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
          Jamie,
          The meaning is given in Hungarian at the head (top of each column)

          no. 40 is number in sequence
          2nd column date of birth
          3d column name of baptizing clergy\ here ditto to name at top of page
          4th column is name of child [there is a word in Hungarian which I am not able to read under the child's name}
          5th column name of parents
          6th column religion here RK=Roman Catholic, [not RR]
          7th columm status of parents [he is a landowner]
          8th column baptismal sponsors: janos Hlovzizik? and Maria Dacsa
          9th column name of village: Parno

          Curt B.

        • lacoros@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
            The hungarian word under the name is "utanszulot" which translate as posthumous - born after the death of his father.

            Ladislav