RE: [S-R] Parchovany (Parno) records

  • Carl Svensson
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2011
      Hi Sam,

      I am relatively new to the group and genealogy too.

      I too am very interested in Parchovany (Kurisko and related families) and
      was hoping that someone would mention when these records became

      available, Thank you.. Hopefully someone can give us some insight as to
      where the rest of the records are; I suspect that someone here will.

      I do want to thank the moderators, and their predecessors, for maintaining
      such a wonderful site. And, of course, the many members of the group

      who share so much of their knowledge with folks like me.

      Thanks.

      Carl Svensson

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2011
        >>> was hoping that someone would mention when these records became
        available, Thank you.. Hopefully someone can give us some insight as to where the rest of the records are; I suspect that someone here will.<<<

        Start here https://www.familysearch.org/ and keep on clicking.

        The old LDS catalogue reference is at http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
      • Sam Mag
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2011
          Hello Carl,
          Here is exactly what the person from Family Research told me "I've just now gotten a reply from CM. It appears that if there is even one image that goes beyond a legal cutoff date (Privacy issues and such, and for Slovakia, this is 100 years from the time of any event), the entire film (on the Internet with images, it would mean about 900 images associated with those few images, in other words, the whole film, or the whole folder) gets deleted from the system. They will possibly come online later, but for Slovakia, this is a problem, since there are lots of films where there are birmovaní or konvertiti (confirmations, convert lists) in particular, which go well into the 1900's.

          This is not a problem with the films, however, which can be ordered through Family History Centers, either in the US or Europe. If you are in an area that doesn't have an FHC, it is possible to set up public libraries sometimes, which act as FHCs. For example, CM knows of a library in Australia that this happened to. This is what I'd do if I were you. You can get the whole film, and thus images much later than the current cutoff date for Slovakia of 1910."

          Hope that clears it up better. I hope you find what you are looking for. There are lots of pages to look through for Parchovany but only till 1890-1891. Also you can try looking up Greek Catholic records for Parchovany by clicking Greek Catholic then Trebisov then Dvorianky. Again the problem is these records only go to 1820 or so. Good Luck!