Re: [S-R] Re: GK records for Szlovinky

  • PHILBAER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
      John (and also Michael M. and Curt B.),
      Thanks for your replies and additional information. I was hoping to find
      these records online, but I'll go the microfilm route for 1800-1900. I have
      seen some listings for Felso-Slovinky and Also-Slovinky. I believe these
      were combined at some point under a general listing for Slovinky.

      Philip Baer

      In a message dated 11/3/2011 6:46:03 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      johnqadam@... writes:

      I don't see them on my look up. Also, they have no 3 or 4 digit numbers in
      the old catalogue.

      What am I missing?

      Also, I have these films on permanent loan. They seem to be registers of
      multiple parishes and you must review EVERY page to ensure that you have
      learned whatever there is to learn.

      --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
      , "CurtB" <curt67boc@...> wrote:

      > Phil,
      > Yes they are available online. They are indexed only under the modern
      spelling of Slovinky, not the old Hungarian spelling Szlovinka.

      > You will find them by doing a search by place, or a record search under
      Spisska Nova Ves -- Slovinky.