Re: GK records for Szlovinky

  • CurtB
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2011
      Phil,
      Yes they are available online. They are indexed only under the modern spelling of Slovinky, not the old Hungarian spelling Szlovinka.

      You will find them by doing a search by place, or a record search under Spisska Nova Ves -- Slovinky.

      Curt B.
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, PHILBAER@... wrote:

      > I have been looking for Greek Catholic church records for Szlovinky on the
      > LDS Family Search. I am guessing that they are not yet available online, or
      > that they are embedded in records listed under another village. Does
      > anyone have knowledge of the status of Szlovinky records that are online?
      >
      > Philip Baer

    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
        I don't see them on my look up. Also, they have no 3 or 4 digit numbers in the old catalogue.

        What am I missing?

        Also, I have these films on permanent loan. They seem to be registers of multiple parishes and you must review EVERY page to ensure that you have learned whatever there is to learn.

      • PHILBAER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2011
          John (and also Michael M. and Curt B.),
          Thanks for your replies and additional information. I was hoping to find
          these records online, but I'll go the microfilm route for 1800-1900. I have
          seen some listings for Felso-Slovinky and Also-Slovinky. I believe these
          were combined at some point under a general listing for Slovinky.

          Philip Baer

          --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)