Bystranny -- another name?

  • jtgen96
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
      Recently I found a record for an ancestor that indicated he was a priest in Bystranny. On Cisarik's website a priest is listed for the village Krajna Bystra.

      Could Bystranny and Krajna Bystra be the same village?
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
        >>> Recently I found a record for an ancestor that indicated he was a priest in Bystranny. On Cisarik's website a priest is listed for the village Krajna Bystra.
        Could Bystranny and Krajna Bystra be the same village? <<<

        Bystrany, Spišská Nová Ves, Slovakia; formerly Velbachy

        Krajná Bystrá, Slovakia, formerly Krajno-Bisztra (or Bátorhegy), Sáros, Hungary.
      • treimer@nycap.rr.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
          When searching older records for Velbachy, don't forget its German name, Eulenbach/Wellbach. The town was a member of the 24 German cities in the Zips. Hungarian Agosthaza. http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81gosth%C3%A1za

          Thomas