Re: [S-R] Magyar - szlovak - német - latin szótár

  • david1law@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2011
      Dear Peter:

      Here is a link to the Hungarian-English dictionary that I use:

      _http://szotar.sztaki.hu/english-hungarian_
      (http://szotar.sztaki.hu/english-hungarian)

      You may find certain lexicons also helpful:

      Pallas nagy lexikona (the first great Hungarian encyclopedia)

      _http://www.mek.iif.hu/porta/szint/egyeb/lexikon/pallas/html/_
      (http://www.mek.iif.hu/porta/szint/egyeb/lexikon/pallas/html/)

      Revai nagy lexikona

      _http://mek.oszk.hu/06700/06758/_ (http://mek.oszk.hu/06700/06758/)

      If you go through _WWW.GOOGLE.COM_ (http://www.GOOGLE.COM) to reach these
      websites, GOOGLE may be able to translate the page from Hungarian into
      English. In this regard, you should be able to see the original Hungarian and
      also the English translation of the resource. It may also be helpful to
      search for other "LEXIKONA" in the Hungarian language using _WWW.GOOGLE.COM_
      (http://www.GOOGLE.COM) . I hope that this helps a little.

      Best regards,

      David

      In a message dated 11/2/2011 1:51:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      htcstech@... writes:

      Thanks Micheal, Not that sort. I mean an actual online dictionary that has
      word meanings, not translations of words into another language. For English
      it would be the Oxford English Dictionary, but I need it in Hungarian and
      hopefully Slovak as well. Every time I look, all I can find are translators
      and not real dictionaries :(

      Peter

      2011/11/3 Michael Mojher <_mgmojher@..._
      (mailto:mgmojher@...) >