Re: [S-R] Re: Welcome to SLOVAK-ROOTS

  • helenezx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2001
      In a message dated 1/25/2001 6:48:03 PM, CMHEGO@... writes:

      << JOHN BONAY and we believe he came to America by way of New
      York. He married AGNES GERCHAK and they made their home in Pittsburgh, PA.
      The surname used to be spelled BONI. >>

      Do you know where they came from in Slovakia?

      We have the following listings in the Slovak Pride data base

      Ancestor Village & Cty
      Bona Slanec ABOV
      Bonaj Slivnik ZEMPLIN - it sounds somewhat like Boni only Bon aye

      Also
      Ancestor Village & Cty
      Gercak Krasna Horka ORAVA
      Gerchak ?
      Gerchak Tichy Potok SARIS

      helene
    • CMHEGO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2001
        Helene and Listmembers:

        Thank You for looking into BONAY (BONI) and GERCHAK for me. Since John and
        Agnes (Gerchak) Bonay were my grandparents, I'd like to locate obituaries,
        death certificates, marriage license application, etc. on them. My older
        half-sister has none of the above documents, although she remembers John and
        Agnes. Our father Michael R. Bonay, Sr. is also deceased (he was the son of
        John and Agnes) we have his obituary and death certificate and the only
        information was that he was Slovak. Any ideas or suggestions would be
        appreciated.

        Sincerely,

        CMHEGO@...
        TOUCHEDbyADOPTION@egroups.com
      • nancy hagen
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2001
          Andrea,
          I might be interestedin some lookups etc. You can contact me at
          mckayhagen@...
          Thanks!
          Nancy
        • Nancy Olenik
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 23, 2001
            Do you have the details regarding the Pittsburgh conference? I only have the dates; no descriptive information. Is there a website with the info?

            Please note my new email name/address.

            Nancy Olenik
            Program Administrator
            Fund Development Services
            Allegheny Intermediate Unit
            1400 Penn Avenue
            Pittsburgh, PA 15222
            412-394-5921
            412-394-5750 fax
            olenik@...

            "The great thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving."
            Oliver Wendell Holmes.

            >>> czeching@... 10/23/01 10:21:21 AM >>>
            Searching for Ross-Also anyone attending the upsoming Pittsburgh conference
            next week?

          • monica wentworth
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 23, 2001
              I think it is CGSI-Oct 31-Nov 1st-Pittsburgh Hyatt at the Airport-they are
              also having tours of the area and a tour of cleveland and a cruise
              also.-only about 35 a day!