RE: [S-R] Kings College in PA hosting 'Rusyns & Slovaks: Similarities & Differences'

  • Bonnie Burke
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 27, 2011
      A DVD is available on this subject through C-RS. If you go to the website:c-rs.org and the Lake Erie Chapter, they are selling the DVD.

      Bonnie

      Date: Saturday, November 5, 2011
      Location: Kings College
      Snyder Room, 3rd Floor
      Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center
      133 North River Street
      Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
      Time: 2:30 - 5:00PM

      The Eastern PA Chapter of the C-RS invites you to enjoy an afternoon
      with John Righetti, National President of the Carpatho-Rusyn Society,
      leading a discussion on the similarities and differences of two nearby
      communities and cultures: Rusyns and Slovaks.

      John's presentation will illustrate what distinguishes Rusyns from the
      neighboring Slovak communities. He will discuss the two ethnic groups'
      history, language, food, dance and other customs that will provide
      participants with a fascinating journey into the identities of Rusyns
      and Slovaks.

      The event is hosted by the History Department of Kings College.
      This event is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be
      served.

      For more information, contact Gina Drosdak-Robertshaw at 570-645-5016 or
      email: Gina.PhilsPhan@... <mailto:Gina.PhilsPhan%40gmail.com>