Re: Re: 1910 hungarian census and ethnic breakdown

  • Gina
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2011
      Hi Norma,

      As I was looking for the Chicago (mid-west) Chapter links in another thread,
      I came across information that may help you confirm whether you are Rusyn
      (although it already sounds like you are, based on the information you

      If you go to http://lakemichiganrusyns.blogspot.com/ and scroll down
      approximately 3/4 of the page, you will see an article titled, 'You Might Be
      a Rusyn If...' (provided by the C-RS) that they have posted on their page
      (you'll also find it on the national website, but since I happened to be on
      this page I thought I'd send it to you rather than searching the national
      site for the exact page).

      This may help you and others determine if you may be Rusyn and not Slovak.
      By the way...I'm 56 years old and only learned about 7 years ago that I was
      100% Rusyn (Lemko, to be exact, but I won't make things even more confusing
      by explaining the sub-groups which makes up Rusyns here)! Up until then, for
      most of my life I thought I was Slovak!