South Slovak Town resource

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2011
      Hello All,

      I discovered a new (for me) and very interesting resource for villages and
      towns in Southern Slovakia. There are 535 towns in this database.
      The link below should take you to an English version of this Slovak website.
      There is a drop down list of towns. Just choose one and you are presented
      with a list of pictures of that town, including memorials of WWI and WWII as
      well as holocaust and deportation lists if they were available.
      http://www.foruminst.sk/en/66/visual_bilingualism/0/research_on_usage_of_hungarian_language_in_southern_slovakia

      If you are successful in identifying your ancestors, you can also search
      nearby towns to see how far your family spread.
      It's certainly not definitive and if your town isn't mentioned, then it's
      probably too far north.
      I was lucky and found 2 memorials where my line(s) are listed.

      Peter