Moderator Update

    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 23, 2011
      Hi Folks,

      Since co-moderating this group with Ron M. and Joe Q. since 2007, we have
      managed to keep true to the mission of this group. With that in mind, I am
      stepping away from leading this group, leaving it in the capable hands of
      Ron and Joe. No problems cause this, simply a change in life focus and
      interest. We all carry on. We have gained many and sadly lost a few along
      the way.

      If you've noticed, I've participated less and less in the daily discussions.
      This is largely because this group has spawned quite a few very
      knowledgeable and generous members who consistently share and offer advice
      and information to others. To this, I want to encourage you to speak up and
      add your voice to each discussion. While you may feel like a small voice,
      take heart in that you know a whole lot more about genealogy than 99.5% of
      the world.

      Joe, Ron and I have discussed the group mission and agreed to keep it true
      to form, a focus on genealogy and keeping the riff-raff spammers at bay. I
      have advised them to pick up a third moderator (I like the number three!) to
      another moderator crisis. Ron and Joe will be responsible for forum policy
      from this point forward. The group has and incredibly good tenor such that
      very, very little moderator intervention has been necessary. You must
      congratulate yourself for such fine decorum

      Lastly, I'm not going anywhere. I'm still in the group, still maintain a
      moderator status, still reading and adding my $0.02 now and then. I'll
      also continue in perpetuity my web page. It's exasperating to see so many
      fine genealogy sites come and go. I will need your help to keep the web
      site current with new discoveries and information which should be shared to
      all. I won't be "looking" for key resources any longer. Please send me
      your leads, suggestions, corrections and changes. I'll make sure to update
      the web site with all that information.

      As our ancestors said, "May God Go With You."

      Bill Tarkulich

    • Bernardine Weigand
      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 31, 2011
        Your detailed, organized tutorials and tireless encouragement have
        enabled me to find records I never dreamed of locating. Your
        dedication is more than appreciated.

        Forever grateful.

        Sincerely,
        Bernardine Weigand