Re: [S-R] Re: Help with Sarisske Jastrabie and Orosz Volya Kerpcsar Connection

  • Nick Kerpchar
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 16, 2011
      Hello Helen,
      Thank you for the info on "Krpse" meaning a soft leather shoe that laces up.  When I read this to my
      husband (the Kerpchar in our family) he said that jolted his memory when his 6th grade teacher said
      "Kerpcsar/Kerpchar" generally meant "...someone that made a type of shoe."  My husband said that
      he had all but forgotten about that until I read him your e-mail.  By way of information, the 6th grade
      teacher was a personal friend of my husband's father.  They grew up together.

      Helen, you have proven what I said earlier about this forum being a treasure of information.  I have so
      many questions but hesitate to post them as I know other people have questions too, so we all have
      to take out turn and leave time and space for others.

      Thanks again, Carolyn

      ________________________________
      From: Nick Kerpchar <ccknk@...>
      To: "SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, October 14, 2011, 6:58 PM

      Michael,
      Thank you so much for sharing your experiences in Slovakia and your insights into the history and culture of the area.
      In my search for ancestoral information I found that the last name of the current Mayor of Circ is Varga.  My husband's
      paternal grandmother was from Circ and her last name was also Varga.  Wouldn't it be interesting if he was of the same
      family line.

      Well, your information has given me motivation to keep looking and to keep asking about the Kerpcsars/Kerpchars.  By
      the way, does the name "Kerpcsar" mean anything in Carpatho-Rusyn or Slavic?

      Thank you again, Carolyn