Question about 1869 Census

  • dmgnew
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2011
      Most of my ancestors are from towns around Trnava which I believe is part of Pozsony megye. Does the 1869 census for Pozsony exist or should I be looking in another part of the census?
      - Dawn
    • John
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2011
        >>> Most of my ancestors are from towns around Trnava which I believe is part of Pozsony megye. Does the 1869 census for Pozsony exist or should I be looking in another part of the census? <<<

        Not found on the LDS web site.
      • John Magyari
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2011
          What were the surnames of your ancestors from Trnava?

          On 10/4/2011 6:38 AM, dmgnew wrote:

          > Most of my ancestors are from towns around Trnava which I believe is
          > part of Pozsony megye. Does the 1869 census for Pozsony exist or
          > should I be looking in another part of the census?
          > - Dawn

        • dmgnew
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2011
            It starts with Gabriel and Sipkovszky. Then branches out to include Remes, Kuraczina, Siska, Cziszar, Matula, Sulek, Koczian, Kadlecz, Kubovics, Brezovszky, Sidlick/Schidlik, Galgoczy, Podmaniczki, Saskovits, Petrlenits, Bedarka, Valentovics, Knaszkovics. I'm still sorting my way through the LDS films of the church records.

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, John Magyari <jmagyari@...> wrote:

            > What were the surnames of your ancestors from Trnava?
            >
            > On 10/4/2011 6:38 AM, dmgnew wrote:
            > >
            > > Most of my ancestors are from towns around Trnava which I believe is
            > > part of Pozsony megye. Does the 1869 census for Pozsony exist or
            > > should I be looking in another part of the census?
            > > - Dawn

          • genmom4
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2011
              Dear Dawn,

              I have been unable to locate the 1869 census for this particular area. Many of the films for the towns in this area are relatively new. There is an 1869 census available for towns in Nyitra, which is very close to Trnava. I ordered the one with the Hungarain village of Galgocz. Unfortunately for me, that particular town came up with a page that said that it was "unavailable". So, I ordered a film for a particular town, that shows up in the FHC library catalog, and has a heading on the film, but absolutely no entries for the town. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper.
              But, you just might want to look and see if any of your towns are over the boarder into Nyitra and see if there is a corresponding 1869 census for one of those villages.
              Good luck.
              Barbara

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "dmgnew" <dmg-tx@...> wrote:

              > Most of my ancestors are from towns around Trnava which I believe is part of Pozsony megye. Does the 1869 census for Pozsony exist or should I be looking in another part of the census?
              > - Dawn

            • Sharon Danko
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2011
                Hi,

                Not all the villages are done, I am still waiting for Nove Sady to appear
                some day it is in the area you are looking for.

                Sharon

              • lacoros@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2011
                  Church records for Trnava are online, also the surronding villages.
                  The evangelical books for Trnava (and surronding) are included to the catholic books of Trnava.

                  The so called New cemetery - actualy the old one is also online the link I will send tomorrow when at home.

                  Ladislav
                  It starts with Gabriel and Sipkovszky. Then branches out to include Remes, Kuraczina, Siska, Cziszar, Matula, Sulek, Koczian, Kadlecz, Kubovics, Brezovszky, Sidlick/Schidlik, Galgoczy, Podmaniczki, Saskovits, Petrlenits, Bedarka, Valentovics, Knaszkovics. I'm still sorting my way through the LDS films of the church records.

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, John Magyari <jmagyari@...> wrote:

                  > What were the surnames of your ancestors from Trnava?
                  >
                  > On 10/4/2011 6:38 AM, dmgnew wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Most of my ancestors are from towns around Trnava which I believe is
                  > > part of Pozsony megye. Does the 1869 census for Pozsony exist or
                  > > should I be looking in another part of the census?
                  > > - Dawn

                • John
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 5, 2011
                    >>> Not all the villages are done, I am still waiting for Nove Sady to appear some day it is in the area you are looking for. <<<

                    It may be a very long wait. All the 1869 Hungarian Census films are completed, as far as I know.