Re: Vacation Problem.........Urgent Help Needed!!(Betty Seprodi)

  • martha.andras
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2011
      Hi - I am asking the whole group if this is spam. It certainly seems so. Can the sender be blocked? Thanks.

      Martha Andras

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Betty Seprodi <Bseprodi@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >

      > I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's because of the situation of things right now.
      >

      > I'm stuck in London,England with my family right now, we came down here
      > for a short vacation then i was robbed, worse of it is that bags, cash
      > and cards and my cell phone was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
      > experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are
      > not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
      > passports and return tickets but currently having troubles paying off
      > the hotel bills and also getting a cab to take us to the airport.
      >

      > Please i need you to loan me ($2,000) will refund you as soon as i'm back home, i promise.Let me know if you can help.!
      >

      > Thank You.

    • htcstech
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2011
        My google inbox account says it's spam.

        Peter

        On 4 October 2011 21:55, martha.andras <mandras@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi - I am asking the whole group if this is spam. It certainly seems so.
        > Can the sender be blocked? Thanks.
        >
        > Martha Andras
        >

        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Betty Seprodi <Bseprodi@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > >

        > > I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
        > it's because of the situation of things right now.
        > >

        > > I'm stuck in London,England with my family right now, we came down here
        > > for a short vacation then i was robbed, worse of it is that bags, cash
        > > and cards and my cell phone was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
        > > experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are
        > > not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
        > > passports and return tickets but currently having troubles paying off
        > > the hotel bills and also getting a cab to take us to the airport.
        > >

        > > Please i need you to loan me ($2,000) will refund you as soon as i'm back
        > home, i promise.Let me know if you can help.!
        > >

        > > Thank You.

      • William
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2011
          On 10/4/2011 7:13 AM, htcstech wrote:
          > My google inbox account says it's spam.
          >
          > Peter
          >
          > On 4 October 2011 21:55, martha.andras<mandras@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Hi - I am asking the whole group if this is spam. It certainly seems so.
          >> Can the sender be blocked? Thanks.
          >>
          >> Martha Andras
          >>

          >> --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Betty Seprodi<Bseprodi@...> wrote:
          >>> Hello,
          >>>

          >>> I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
          >> it's because of the situation of things right now.
          >>>

          >>> I'm stuck in London,England with my family right now, we came down here
          >>> for a short vacation then i was robbed, worse of it is that bags, cash
          >>> and cards and my cell phone was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
          >>> experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are
          >>> not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
          >>> passports and return tickets but currently having troubles paying off
          >>> the hotel bills and also getting a cab to take us to the airport.
          >>>

          >>> Please i need you to loan me ($2,000) will refund you as soon as i'm back
          >> home, i promise.Let me know if you can help.!
          >>>

          >>> Thank You.

          This is definitely spam. It crops up periodically, though sometimes, it
          is sent to a specific person alleging that the individual is a relative,
          usually a grandchild. It happened to a friend of mine, and was
          recognized as spam since the name of the supposed grandchild was not
          only wrong, but said grandchild was visiting my friend at the time.

          William F. Brna
        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2011

            Yep, someone hacked Betty's e-mail account -- has happened here many times before.

            ________________________________
            >> Hi - I am asking the whole group if this is spam. It certainly seems so.
            >> Can the sender be blocked? Thanks.
            >>
            >> Martha Andras
            >>

            >> --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Betty Seprodi<Bseprodi@...> wrote:
            >>> Hello,
            >>>

            >>> I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
            >> it's because of the situation of things right now.
            >>>

            >>> I'm stuck in London,England with my family right now, we came down here
            >>> for a short vacation then i was robbed, worse of it is that bags, cash
            >>> and cards and my cell phone was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
            >>> experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are
            >>> not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
            >>> passports and return tickets but currently having troubles paying off
            >>> the hotel bills and also getting a cab to take us to the airport.
            >>>

            >>> Please i need you to loan me ($2,000) will refund you as soon as i'm back
            >> home, i promise.Let me know if you can help.!
            >>>

            >>> Thank You.

            This is definitely spam. It crops up periodically, though sometimes, it
            is sent to a specific person alleging that the individual is a relative,
            usually a grandchild. It happened to a friend of mine, and was
            recognized as spam since the name of the supposed grandchild was not
            only wrong, but said grandchild was visiting my friend at the time.

            William F. Brna

          • Dr. Joe Q
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2011
              This is a spam mail that has been going around for at least a year. We will do what we can to stop it.

              The Yahoo group server does a good job of keeping this stuff from getting to the group (and even blocks some member messages that we have to approve), but every now and then we get something like this.

              Please be patient.

              Thank you.

              Dr. "Q"
              moderator