[S-R] Re: Mikus-Ocet Church record translation

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2011
      The fun is just starting! Let us know how you are doing.

      You should keep jumping from one piece of "known" information to another. Knowing that Maria Ocet was 38 in 1893, you can look up her birth record in 1855 on film #1567. Try pages 164+ / 536. Maria Ocet is missing! So is her first marriage abt 1875. That implies Maria was born and married in a nearby village.

      Look for any clue to see where she is from. The 1869 Hungarian Census might provide the answer. Or perhaps not.

      Based upon the 1995 Slovak Census and current phone listings, my bet is to the south in the village of Hradok. No guarantees.

      It's a detective story without end.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Lorrie <lormik719@...> wrote:

      > Thank you all for your help!
      >
      > Lorrie

    • John
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2011
        >>> You should keep jumping from one piece of "known" information to another. Knowing that Maria Ocet was 38 in 1893, you can look up her birth record in 1855 on film #1567. Try pages 164+ / 536. Maria Ocet is missing! So is her first marriage abt 1875. That implies Maria was born and married in a nearby village.
        . . .

        Based upon the 1995 Slovak Census and current phone listings, my bet is to the south in the village of Hradok. <<<

        RC Hradok, film #1003, page 20 / 106:

        Born: Maria Oczet RC Huorka #25
        Father Martin Oczet
        Mother Anna Prisztass

        OLD NAMES of the village(town):
        1773, 1863â€"1907 Huorka, 1808 Huorka, Horka, 1913 Vághorka, 1920â€"1948 Hôrka, 1948â€" Hôrka nad Váhom located ONE village south of Nova Ves nad Vahom.

        1869 Hungarian Census:
        Huorka (Hôrka) Film #2150823 Item 6

        Happy squinting.