Re: [S-R] Chudi Hudi Hudy

  • marilyn murphy
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2011
      Do you suppose it is supposed to be Torysa?

      I am just getting started with my great-grandmothers line.  Her mother was Julia Hudi, father was Grygory Szaksza, Julia also had a brother Matthew Hudi, they lived in Bridgeport, Ct.  We are still trying to find where in slovakia they came from, but it is presumed to be the Saris region because of the origins of other  family lines

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
        Sorry for the slow response guys....I have been very busy.

        I managed to come up with a location,but it is not on this machine...get back to you this weekend when I have my notes with me...

        My Hudy's settled in Cleveland.

        Dennis

        -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, marilyn murphy <mjmurph99@...> wrote:

        > Do you suppose it is supposed to be Torysa?
        >
        > I am just getting started with my great-grandmothers line.  Her mother was Julia Hudi, father was Grygory Szaksza, Julia also had a brother Matthew Hudi, they lived in Bridgeport, Ct.  We are still trying to find where in slovakia they came from, but it is presumed to be the Saris region because of the origins of other  family lines

      • patskanovo
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011
          Sorry for the slow response to those following this thread....

          I may have found my John Hudy and the village "Toria" on the baptismal certificate for his son John.

          Dacov - Dubovica, Petrovanec, Lipany, Nizny Slavkov, Rozkovany, Torysa, Vysoka

          Torysa SB/PV saris

          1773 Tarcza, Torisa, 1786 Tarcza, Torissa, 1808 Tarcza, Torissa, Toryssa, 1863– 1902 Tarca, 1907–1913 Tarca, 1920– Torysa

          Name: Janos Hudy
          Residence: Tarcza
          Arrived Ellis Island: 13 Apr.1901
          Age: 40 Married