Chudi Hudi Hudy

  • patskanovo
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2011
      Up for a challenge?

      I have created a file under the name "Chudi Hudi Hudy"
      This guy, John Hudy I have been searching for a number of years.Not so much who he is but where he was from.

      On his son Andys' baptism record his origin is given as "Taria" as I see it. I have tried all I know to find this village without any luck.

      Perhaps a fresh look will help in this search.

      A little background is that "Helen" Paulov or Pavel was born in Remeniny Jan.1877. She used her Step Father's surname (Ternovsky)when she married John Hudi in 1904 but used her original name of Paulov or Pavel when Andy was born in 1908.

      Any help with this village would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Dennis
    • htcstech
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2011
        Hello,
        I read the extract and I saw it as Toria.
        There's a Toria in Kentucky

        http://www.fallingrain.com/world/US/KY/Toria.html

        Peter

        On 25 September 2011 00:24, patskanovo <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Up for a challenge?
        >
        > I have created a file under the name "Chudi Hudi Hudy"
        > This guy, John Hudy I have been searching for a number of years.Not so much
        > who he is but where he was from.
        >
        > On his son Andys' baptism record his origin is given as "Taria" as I see
        > it. I have tried all I know to find this village without any luck.
        >
        > Perhaps a fresh look will help in this search.
        >
        > A little background is that "Helen" Paulov or Pavel was born in Remeniny
        > Jan.1877. She used her Step Father's surname (Ternovsky)when she married
        > John Hudi in 1904 but used her original name of Paulov or Pavel when Andy
        > was born in 1908.
        >
        > Any help with this village would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Dennis

      • marilyn murphy
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 24, 2011
          Do you suppose it is supposed to be Torysa?

          I am just getting started with my great-grandmothers line.  Her mother was Julia Hudi, father was Grygory Szaksza, Julia also had a brother Matthew Hudi, they lived in Bridgeport, Ct.  We are still trying to find where in slovakia they came from, but it is presumed to be the Saris region because of the origins of other  family lines

          I read the extract and I saw it as Toria.
          There's a Toria in Kentucky

          http://www.fallingrain.com/world/US/KY/Toria.html

          Peter

          On 25 September 2011 00:24, patskanovo <ddhalusker@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Up for a challenge?
          >
          > I have created a file under the name "Chudi Hudi Hudy"
          > This guy, John Hudy I have been searching for a number of years.Not so much
          > who he is but where he was from.
          >
          > On his son Andys' baptism record his origin is given as "Taria" as I see
          > it. I have tried all I know to find this village without any luck.
          >
          > Perhaps a fresh look will help in this search.
          >
          > A little background is that "Helen" Paulov or Pavel was born in Remeniny
          > Jan.1877. She used her Step Father's surname (Ternovsky)when she married
          > John Hudi in 1904 but used her original name of Paulov or Pavel when Andy
          > was born in 1908.
          >
          > Any help with this village would be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Dennis

        • patskanovo
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2011
            Sorry for the slow response guys....I have been very busy.

            I managed to come up with a location,but it is not on this machine...get back to you this weekend when I have my notes with me...

            My Hudy's settled in Cleveland.

            Dennis

            -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, marilyn murphy <mjmurph99@...> wrote:

            > Do you suppose it is supposed to be Torysa?
            >
            > I am just getting started with my great-grandmothers line.  Her mother was Julia Hudi, father was Grygory Szaksza, Julia also had a brother Matthew Hudi, they lived in Bridgeport, Ct.  We are still trying to find where in slovakia they came from, but it is presumed to be the Saris region because of the origins of other  family lines

          • patskanovo
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2011
              Sorry for the slow response to those following this thread....

              I may have found my John Hudy and the village "Toria" on the baptismal certificate for his son John.

              Dacov - Dubovica, Petrovanec, Lipany, Nizny Slavkov, Rozkovany, Torysa, Vysoka

              Torysa SB/PV saris

              1773 Tarcza, Torisa, 1786 Tarcza, Torissa, 1808 Tarcza, Torissa, Toryssa, 1863– 1902 Tarca, 1907–1913 Tarca, 1920– Torysa

              Name: Janos Hudy
              Residence: Tarcza
              Arrived Ellis Island: 13 Apr.1901
              Age: 40 Married