Knis Baptismal Record

  • lisan533
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2011
      I am hoping someone with better eyes (or better able to decipher this priest's writing :) will be able to help.

      https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11666-77742-36?cc=1554443&wc=10600143

      I am looking at Anna Knis. She is on the right hand side, the 2nd entry for October 6. It looks like someone went back through and added DOD and Marriage for her. My question is can anyone tell what the name that is crossed out for her mother's maiden name is? The correction is Besak. Any idea if this is significant?

      You have all been wonderful and I appreciate your help!

      Lisa
    • Janet Kozlay
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2011
        My best guess is Szkvasz. The name appears two other times on this page, for
        Maria and Gyorgy, where it is a bit clearer.

        As for Besák, it might be an alias. I suggest you look for Anna’s marriage
        record with Tomas Kniss and see how Anna’s name is listed. Also, do you find
        any other children of this marriage? How is it written on those?

        Janet

        I am hoping someone with better eyes (or better able to decipher this
        priest's writing :) will be able to help.

        https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11666-77742-36?cc=1554443
        <https://www.familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11666-77742-36?cc=1554443&
        wc=10600143> &wc=10600143