SR website

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2001
      An explanation of sorts... webtv does not require .htm or .html or
      anything like that at the end, but some computer systems will
      automatically add it (when I check the site on the IBM in my classroom
      by typing in http://community.webtv.net/sabinov/slovakroots it
      automatically adds index.html and changes the community to community-2 ,
      but the "official" url is the one given below.)

      So if you had problems, and only one or two people told me they did,
      that's why. Most people told me it loaded very quickly.

      There haven't been that many hits to the site, and only one person has
      added their info to the query page, so if you haven't, please do so. The
      more people who have into there, the better your chances for a match.

      Also, don't forget those homepages! Again, the more places you list your
      info, the better your chance for a match.

      I am open to suggestions, as I really want this to be a good resource,
      or clearing house at least for all of us, but especially those of us
      consistently on the list. That way we won't have to keep giving the same
      into - how to use the Slovak phone book, what do first names mean etc.
      Any suggestions welcome. Please write privately, but suggestions to the
      list are fine too.

      Maura

      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching